I need to hear from the Men, please!

I'd like to find an really cool excursion (or event, gift, something along those lines) for my future hubby to use on our honeymoon. He's been so great and I thought it would be something thoughtful for him to enjoy.

We're going on the Western Caribbean itineary on the Mariner in May.

Was there something that stood out as extraordinary, or above average fun for a guy to do? I was thinking of doing 4 x 4's, or something 'manly' like that. :D

Anyone have any suggestions?

That itinerary probably hits Cozumel. One excursion I liked there was called something like 'Hideaway Beach Boats". You get a small (about 12-14 foot) speed boat and drive that in a convoy for about 30-40 minutes to a secluded beach.

There you have lunch and can swim for a while before returning. It's a bit bouncy, but a lot of fun. I suggest having some swimming goggles as the spray gets in your eyes.

If he is into gadgets and maps (ok, maybe the word is "geeky" ;) ) you might consider a handheld GPS receiver in the "gift" category. I always take mine on trips. The mapping units won't have much detail for the caribbean islands, but you can put in the coordinates of the ports and you will always be able to tell how far away you are from them, as well as your current location, speed and direction.

If you get a mapping unit, then it will be useful once you get home as well!

There are several past threads on using GPS units on cruises as well.

Theron

Bob's suggestion is a good one as for manly excursions. I drug my wife on the waverunners in Labadee. It was my cure for speed for the week. Needless to say she held tighter than I would have liked her to on several occasions. OUCH! I got over it later though ;)

We could probably answer better if you told us what he is into.

Does he like gadgets, is he adventurous, etc, etc...

I was thinking of doing 4 x 4's, or something 'manly' like that. :D

The 4x4's on Cozumel would be a blast !!

Great idea, I wish my wife thought like you.

Another good one might be if they offer tandem Parasailing. You should be able to book it at the pier in Grand Cayman.

He might go for the couple's massage and aroma-therapy session...

WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING ??? Yikes, that was MY wife's idea.

Yeah, the 4x4's... stick with the 4x4's

My ultimate excursion would be a half-day offshore fishing trip. (for billfish, big tuna, etc...) I think there are marny operartors that can adjust to cruisers (ie get you back in time) but I don't know any offhand. Fishing in S. Mexico and off Belize are both great.

It would just depend on your time in port.....

We were on the Mariner in June for our honeymoon. We did the Hideway Beach boats and the waverunners in Labadee. My husband liked the waverunners better. You could go faster. The beach boats was a longer trip but they weren't as fast and harder to drive then the waverunners. When I say hard to drive I mean that the throttle on the speedboat wasn't the greatest. It was sort of on and off. We enjoyed both excursions though.

Thanks anyone! Yep, likes would have helped, eh?

He's into cars - classic cars. He loves to paintball. He likes to go to the range and shoot his gun. Um, he's not into sports really. He's into gadgets but he's not technically inclined so to speak (the iPod would be more for me then him).

And he's afraid of heights. He likes things that go fast, and also things nature-ish (no that's not a word). He was a boy scout growing up, so that nature thing works for him.

The waverunners sound like a great idea. He would be into ruins or something as well. I bought him a pair of binocoulars (sp?) for the trip, so we'll see how they go over.

emilymad - how odd, I'm a honeymooner too and also from Philadelphia! :D Yep, pretty much anything with speed he'll enjoy, that's for sure!

I say do a special activity with him rather than buy a gift.

Memories last longer when they come from activities and time shared together.

You'll have many years and many reasons to buy him a gift.

The sport fishing might be great.

I don't think they'll let him shoot paintballs at the Mayan Ruins however...

Take the Deep Sub in the Cayman Islands. A once in a lifetime adventure.

An exclusive adventure available nowhere else in the world! Descend to 800 feet in this highly personalized tour aboard a real research submarine. Explorer sheer vertical walls, towering limestone pinnacles and bizarre sea creatures on the Atlantis Deep Explorer

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/tour_info.php?site=5&tour=36&cat=16

We are going to the western Carribean in September and we are doing the Zion/Marley Experience in Ocho Rios. If your guy likes Raggae and Bob Marley he will love this. You take a tour to Bob Marley's home, grave site and favorite bar. Then you have an authentic Jamaican lunch. Here is the explanation on RCCL .

Approximate Duration: 5 Hours

Adult: 76.00 (USD) | Child: 76.00 (USD)

The authentic Jamaican Country Bus, the “Zion Bus Line,” will take you

on a unique tour from shipside in Ocho Rios, via Claremont to the

Birthplace and final resting place of the King of Reggae, Bob Marley.

This tour has been specifically designed for Reggae Enthusiasts and

hardcore Bob Marley fans, who would like to visit the “Graceland” of

Reggae.

The bus ride is a virtual tour of scenic, rural St. Ann. Rock to the

rhythm of Bob’s greatest hits as your “dreadlock” driver negotiates

the narrow winding country roads to the Mountain village of Nine Miles.

Level the vibes with an IRIE Rum Punch and listen carefully as your

“ductor” (guide) tells tales of the life and times of young Bob and

how he grew up in the hills of St. Ann.

On the return trip via Higgin Town and St. Ann’s Bay, stop at the local

Jerk Centre (where the crew like to eat) for an authentic Jamaican lunch

treat of Jerk Pork & Chicken, Rice & Peas, Festival and “Belly Wash”

Lemonade. After lunch there is an optional drop off at Island Village

Shopping and Entertainment Centre adjacent to the Cruise ship pier where

you can visit: Reggae Xplosion (at an additional cost), Eight Rivers Slots,

Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville, Duty Free Shops, or even just relax on the

Beach before taking the short walk back to the ship.

Note: Due to the cultural content of this tour, the minimum age for

participation is 18 years of age.

If he likes speed, you won't go wrong with a cab ride around Cozumel. They only know 1 speed,fast.I realy enjoyed the Atlantis sub. My ds, takes his Garman gps and it is really neat to track all the ship movements and our shore excursions. Also helps with cabs, keeps them from going out of the way to jack the price up. Ds is 34 and he also likes those tiny speed boats that they have at some of the islands. They go real fast and you drive them yourself.

We did this excursion and my whole family loved it. You go on a yacht where they take you out for snorkeling, glass bottom boat and the best, you ride bikes under water. Then you get mexican appetizers and drinks for the whole time.

Definitely read about this one if he likes the water.

Archived