Going on the Wonder on the 16th...need advice!

DimSum

Hi,

We're going on the Disney Wonder on the 16th of December to the Bahamas. Does anyone know how the weather is usually like during this time of year? It's very cold in GA right now and we are probably leaving here in big winter coats but should we be thinking of packing summer clothes for the cruise?

How are children normally dressed during the day? Shorts and t-shirts or pants and long-sleeve tops? Does it get cold on the boat?

TIA

Looking at the weather on weather.com, it's not going to be hot. Warm, but not hot.

Your warmest day looks like it will be a high of 76 degrees, and at night you'll be in the low to mid-60's. That tells me that it will feel a lot colder than that when you factor in the wind while at sea.

I'd bring jackets or warm sweaters for all, and include at least one pair of long pants--I remember cruising in late August and it was only about 60 with a strong, cold wind our last night as we were headed back to Port Canaveral.

I had to buy a hoodie for my son, because he didn't have anything warm enough to wear to the teen club that last night.

Archived