18 mos old and the Bahamas in February

mlprahl

I posted this same question on the Bahamas board but didn't generate any responses. Hoping folks here might have some ideas. Thanks!

We're cruising on the Carnival Pride Jan 30-Feb 7. We'll be in Nassau 11am-10pm on Thursday and Freeport 7am-2pm on Friday. We have a bunch of family going but my question relates only to my immediate family of me, my wife, and our then-18 month old son. I've looked around the family cruise boards and the Bahamas board but still can't figure out if there's anything worth doing in those ports. Because of cost, we probably wouldn't do anything Atlantis related.

But I figured I would see if there were any specific things to do or not do in those ports. If anyone has any suggestions to excursions or specific vendors (or even those to avoid), please let me know! We're pretty much open to anything, though ideally we wouldn't be up for those things that cost more than $100pp.

We seldom take excursions. The Bahamas (IMO) is a great day to use that ship you've paid alot to be on! Most of the passengers leave, and the ship is your's alone!

You might want to just stroll around the straw market. Or, you can go to Atlantis (not the pool, tho!) and wander the shops, eat in the restaurants, look around the property for no charge but cab fare there!

I posted this same question on the Bahamas board but didn't generate any responses. Hoping folks here might have some ideas. Thanks!

We're cruising on the Carnival Pride Jan 30-Feb 7. We'll be in Nassau 11am-10pm on Thursday and Freeport 7am-2pm on Friday. We have a bunch of family going but my question relates only to my immediate family of me, my wife, and our then-18 month old son. I've looked around the family cruise boards and the Bahamas board but still can't figure out if there's anything worth doing in those ports. Because of cost, we probably wouldn't do anything Atlantis related.

But I figured I would see if there were any specific things to do or not do in those ports. If anyone has any suggestions to excursions or specific vendors (or even those to avoid), please let me know! We're pretty much open to anything, though ideally we wouldn't be up for those things that cost more than $100pp.

You might want to go to the zoo. Check out Ardastra Gardens (www.ardastra.com).. It's a small zoo just outside of downtown, a short cab ride.. You can walk back along the esplanade if you feel like it. It's less than a mile.

Archived