To get adjoining rooms, do I need to book same category?

paramedicduo

We've never cruised before and as a family of 6, we'll be needing 2 rooms. But, one of them will simply be for sleeping...we were planning to get 1 room with a verandah, but, will we be able to go with a cheaper second room & still have them connected? Looking at the deck plans, it looks like they would have to be the same category :( I was hoping we could even get a verandah & an oceanview together...but they definitely need to be connected, so maybe we'll have to put in the extra $$?

I don't think there are any "non verandah" rooms that connect to to a veranda room. Sorry it's just the way the ship works! The rooms are generally grouped together by type.... You could try across the hall?

Thanks for the info! I assumed that by looking at the deck plan, that was the way it worked. I think we'll need them to be adjoining...the boys will be 2,5,8,15...I will still want them to be attached :) Our other option is just to pay for one of the kids to room in with either my brother & his family, sister & family or my parents...but, it'll be nice to have all that extra space for ourselves I guess.

Thanks!

Archived