Our first Back to Back Cruises

Solas

Hi everyone,

We got home late yesterday after completing our first back to back cruises on Pacific Sun, first the 3 night comedy cruise then on to the Pacific Sensations trip.

13 fun nights and a much needed rest. Fantastic ship, fantastic crew and a really great time (If cold, windy and wet on and off)

Now to reset the countdown clock for the next trip!

Solas

Hi everyone,

We got home late yesterday after completing our first back to back cruises on Pacific Sun, first the 3 night comedy cruise then on to the Pacific Sensations trip.

13 fun nights and a much needed rest. Fantastic ship, fantastic crew and a really great time (If cold, windy and wet on and off)

Now to reset the countdown clock for the next trip!

Solas

Hi Solas, sounds like you had a wonderful cruise :D good to hear! I've never done a back to back, maybe one day :) Nett

I'm thinking about doing a back-to-back cruise for my next voyage. Were you able to stay on the ship during the Pacific Sensations embarkation?

We did B2B cruises in Sept on PJ. The day we were in Sydney between cruises we had to get off and checkin for the next one. We got a letter in our cabin a couple of days earlier that said we had to get off by 2pm and if we chose to get off early, we couldn't get back on until embarkation commenced BUT we had priority check in would have been in the first group to get on. We had people joining us for the second one so we got off & waited until they arrived (had to hand over our duty free so we could buy more:)) and embarked with them.

We did b2b cruises on Pacific Jewel in May - 24 nights of cruising paradise. As Karmac said we had to disembark in Sydney (went to the Maritime Museum) and by the time we got back to the ship embarkation was about to commence and upon producing our letter we had priority boarding.

When we got back to our cabin surprise, surprise a bowl of fruit and a plate of canapes!! Made us feel kind of special.

One suggestion - doing b2b's make sure you have the same cabin for both cruises it saves quite a few hassles.

Hi,

We had transition passes and were directed to the crew gangway to disembark. Signed off one cruise card, went shopping for a while and went back.

As we had the passes for some reason we were able to re-board without waiting which seemed a bit unusual and we later found out that someone on board forgot to advise customs who had a fit when they realised they were two passengers short but the ship had all listed as being on board. :D

Once we fixed that up they took our credit card details on board (These don't automatically get applied to the new cruise card) and we were ready to sail again.

Having the same cabin is a must. We had to change as both cruises were booked out and a cabin shuffle was out of the question.

All in all it was just a memorable part of another great P&O cruise for us.

Everyone should do at least one B to B to tick that box off on their cruise careers.

Solas

Hi,

I actually had not planned on doing one just at the moment as I have a lot to catch up on before returning to work Monday.

Maybe it's something I need to type day by day during the cruise so I can just edit and paste it when I get back.

Will give this some thought after the holiday break.

Solas

Archived