Belize Rays-The Angel Ray-snorkelling

Ilovesunshine

We were just in Belize last week with Carnival Glory. We used Belize Rays while we were there for a snorkeling excursion. It was quite a bit cheaper to do it on our own as opposed to booking through the ship. I would definetly recommend using Belize Rays. We had an amazing time with them. The crew was very friendly and very good at what they do. The whole excursion took about 3 1/2 hours. There's a short ride out in the catamaran (probably about 40 mins. I would say), where you arrive at a private beach. Anyone who does not wish to snorkel gets off the boat and stays on the beach, where they have kayacks that you can use, hammocks to lie in, mats to float on in the ocean, and a pay bar, coconuts, and food for you. Everyone who wishes to snorkel stays on the boat and you take an approxiametly 5 minute ride to your snorkelling destination. It is some of the best snorkelling I have ever seen. The crew stays with you the entire time, making sure everyone is safe and pointing out things for you to see. You snorkel for probably 30-40 minutes and then they take you to the beach for the remainder of your time. The price is $45 per person. The boat, the Angel Ray, is very clean. They have a pay bar on it, restroom facilites, and fresh water showers. The crew is extremely friendly and very informed. The private beach we went to was just paradise on earth. I highly, highly recommend this excursion. You can visit their website, www.belizerays.com to see pictures, tours, and to find out how to locate them.:)

We were just in Belize last week with Carnival Glory. We used Belize Rays while we were there for a snorkeling excursion. It was quite a bit cheaper to do it on our own as opposed to booking through the ship. I would definetly recommend using Belize Rays. We had an amazing time with them. The crew was very friendly and very good at what they do. The whole excursion took about 3 1/2 hours. There's a short ride out in the catamaran (probably about 40 mins. I would say), where you arrive at a private beach. Anyone who does not wish to snorkel gets off the boat and stays on the beach, where they have kayacks that you can use, hammocks to lie in, mats to float on in the ocean, and a pay bar, coconuts, and food for you. Everyone who wishes to snorkel stays on the boat and you take an approxiametly 5 minute ride to your snorkelling destination. It is some of the best snorkelling I have ever seen. The crew stays with you the entire time, making sure everyone is safe and pointing out things for you to see. You snorkel for probably 30-40 minutes and then they take you to the beach for the remainder of your time. The price is $45 per person. The boat, the Angel Ray, is very clean. They have a pay bar on it, restroom facilites, and fresh water showers. The crew is extremely friendly and very informed. The private beach we went to was just paradise on earth. I highly, highly recommend this excursion. You can visit their website, www.belizerays.com to see pictures, tours, and to find out how to locate them.:)

Was this a follow the leader snorkel or could you go somewhat where you wanted....what were the fish like? We are still trying to decide what to do.

Any other info. would be appreciated.

It was a sort of follow the leader-typer snorkel, however there is a fairly large area that you have to snorkel in so you also have an opportunity to go a little bit on your own. I don't really know much about fish, so I don't know the different types that we saw. We saw a large school of some blue fish as well as other colorful fish. I do know that some snorkellers in my group spotted some baracudas. The beach we went to was Coral Sands.

I am interested in this excursion but do we need to reserve ahead of time or can we just book once we arrive at the pier? I do not want to commit as the last time we went to Belize I was quite ill the night before and had to cancel our excursion.

Thank you!

Dear Ilovesunshine,

Thanks for posting,

You helped us make up our minds to use Belizerays. We have an 11 year old and a 3 year old, and we were looking for something that would let our 11 year old snorkel with one of us while the other went to the beach with the 3 year old. Thanks again.:)

Dear Ilovesunshine,

Thanks for posting,

You helped us make up our minds to use Belizerays. We have an 11 year old and a 3 year old, and we were looking for something that would let our 11 year old snorkel with one of us while the other went to the beach with the 3 year old. Thanks again.:)

Glad I could help! I'm sure your family will have a great time! Let me know how it goes! :)

Hi we are booked on that tour for March 22. It says it leaves at 11:00 is Belize ahead one hour from the ship time or the same. Just want to make sure we havve time to get to pier and pay before 10:45. I booked with them online.Thanks

We used this group also for the beach/snorkel tour the week of 2/16. Prices are flexible, and the kids were heavily discounted. Booking and drop off are both at the dock area, and they made a point of telling us that they will not bring you directly to the ship for obvious security reasons. They are a very friendly group and are very concerned about your safety. HIghly recommend this group. Keep in mind that there are no beaches in Belize City, so you need a boat ride to get to the beach. This was a nice and clean beach. Enjoy.

30 to 40 min doesn't seem like very long in the water. Did you feel like you just got in to snorkle and it was time to get out and go back to the ship?

I am on the Grand Princess March 26, 2005 sailing, and several months ago I contacted Belizerays and they said just show up at their place, but try to get off ship ASAP. I received an email last week and was ask if I was still interested in their excursion and if so, there was a short questionaire to complete and I sent it to them. I suppose they are taking reservations now.

We also recd an email requesting information and then the next day we recd a confirmation of our arrangements for APril 2005... so they are taking reservations.

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

They've just gotten off the turn system as of March 1st so they're now able to operate on a daily basis which is why they've started accepting reservations in advance. We had a great time with them in January. It was about a 30 minute boat ride to and from the snorkel site, we snorkeled for about 45 minutes which was long enough for my DH and I and we also had close to an hour to relax at Coral Sands Beach Resort after we snorkeled.

Archived