Cayman Scuba on Your Own

cruisin56

So what you want is a Discovery dive?

I booked for dd at Sunset House thru e-mail and was very happy with the outcome. It was $100 US, which btw was the same price the ship offered (RCL FOS in May). I had the added expense of the taxi both ways. But I know Sunset having dove there for many years and she/we were the only students - aka - we had a private dive - we didn't see another diver the entire day 'cept in the bar for a post dive libation.

http://sunsethouse.com/index.php

I took the discover scuba package on Jewel this April at Grand Cayman, booked on the ship. The training was great and everything was provided. This was the first time I had ever done it, went about 40 feet down for almost an hour, I'm hooked. I'm going to do this again in St. Maartine or St. Thomas this spring. The local PADI that RC used was Don Foster's Dive and is just down the road from the dock about 1-2 miles. Train in the pool about an hour and walk right out to the water. I think I might just get certified locally so I can go on some of the longer dives offered on the cruises. If you haven't been diving before, I would get the ship's excursion, they really do a good job of training for your first dive and are PADI certified trainers.

Archived