Should we?

mawvkysc

It is going to be 74 and partly cloudy on our day in Cayman. I need reassurance. Will we be cold doing Stingray City and a 2 stop snorkle? I am cold natured anyways. I don't want to spend the $ and be uncomfortable for basically my whole time in port. Yet, it sounds amazing!

I just did the Reef & Wreck Snorkel on Saturday. We couldn't even see the wreck as the water was too murky. The Hamburger Reef just 150 yards or so away was still ok.

As a little bonus, one of the boat's outboard engines was already broken down when we started, and once it was time to go back to shore, the other one started playing up. We couldn't dock at the usual place as the 'captain' wasn't sure that we wouldn't crash to the rocks due to lack of power. Just about then managed to limp out to an alternative pier from where we caught a bus back.

Was it chilly on a nice, reasonably calm sunny day? The water was fine, but soon as you're out, you definitely will feel the cold. Would I use this tour operator again? No way!

• 3 weeks later...
I just did the Reef & Wreck Snorkel on Saturday. We couldn't even see the wreck as the water was too murky. The Hamburger Reef just 150 yards or so away was still ok.

As a little bonus, one of the boat's outboard engines was already broken down when we started, and once it was time to go back to shore, the other one started playing up. We couldn't dock at the usual place as the 'captain' wasn't sure that we wouldn't crash to the rocks due to lack of power. Just about then managed to limp out to an alternative pier from where we caught a bus back.

Was it chilly on a nice, reasonably calm sunny day? The water was fine, but soon as you're out, you definitely will feel the cold. Would I use this tour operator again? No way!

Which tour operator did you use that you wouldn't recommend?

Archived