Recommendations for Conch Fritters?

makai 7

Conch fritters are not big on the island.

The supply is poor, so fish cakes are the substitute.

Try Cocomos or the Waterfront Cafe for fish cakes.

You'll find conch fritters in deeper water Caribbean islands.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

I couldn't find any conch fritters in Barbados either, but there's a resturant at the port that sells the best fish cakes and I paid only $.40 each USD. Just walk outside the enclosed mall area at the port and take a quick right (you're still at the mall... but in the outside portion). The restaurant will be on your left. You walk up to the counter. Table/bench seating is in the outdoor mall area.

They also sell other island-type food. The fish cakes were actually better than a lot of conch fritters that I've eaten.

I was last there in May 2010 when I discovered this restaurant. A lot of the local taxi drivers were eathing there, so I decided to give it a try. It's nothing fancy, but the food was really good.

Thank you for your responses. We'll try some other options on Barbados (we had flying fish there last time & really enjoyed it).

We'll be in St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Martinique, and St. Thomas (as well as spending a few days in Fort Lauderdale...

If you could recommend a place on any of these... We'd really appreciate it!

I think your best bet for conch fritters is St. Thomas.

After you finish shopping in Charlotte Amalie, ask any of the locals where you can find Cuzzin’s.

It’s a couple of blocks away from the main shopping area and the conch fritters are quite good as I remember. They have other good Caribbean fare, too.

If conch is you quest, The Bahamas seems to be the gold standard. You’ll find them everywhere.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

Archived