Which ship would you choose ?

wallypbear

We have cruised on both ships. Just got off the Emerald about a month ago, great ship and crew, had a terrific cruise, so I guess that would be my choice. The Star is very similar to the Emerald (check out the deck plans), so if you want to save some money you won't be disappointed with either ship.

Which ship would you choose and why? Star Princess April 23, 2011 or Emerald Princess April 17, 2011. Same exact 10 day Caribbean itinerary. Cruise fare about $100 less on Star........Thanks:) wallypbear
These are VERY similar ships so you can't go wrong with either one.

If it were up to me, I'd decide which date was better, pricing and cabin availability. I'd also check to find out when Spring Break is or when schools are out.

We just got back on November 28th from sailing the Emerald Princess and we loved the ship. We've already booked the April 17, 2011 sailing that you're considering. This was our 3rd cruise, but our first on Princess and it was by far our best cruise yet. In comparing the ships, the Emerald Princess holds 3300 passengers with 15 passenger decks whereas the Star Princess holds 2600 with 13 passenger decks. So the main difference is probably size. But, I'll tell you that we would never have known that there were that many people on the ship. We never ran into crowds or had to wait for a table at dinner or anything. We definitely like the bigger ships, but some people prefer smaller ships with a more intimate feeling. We absolutely loved our stateroom which was an oceanview with balcony (Category BB); however, it was on the aft which is what we prefer by far. It was open again for the upcoming sailing on the Emerald Princess so we grabbed it. We had such as great steward on the last cruise that we're hoping we get him again. As the other poster said, I would look at cabin availability if you have a preference and then possibly look at the differences between the floor plans. Also, if you have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale, you might look to see if there is much of a difference in fares for the different dates. Good Luck no matter what you choose. You'll have a great time.

We have sailed on both & enjoyed both equally....since Easter is on April 24th next year, I think we would pick the Star in hopes that schools go back in session that following Monday (at least that is how the schools here are:rolleyes:) either way have a great cruise :D

We have cruised on both ships and like them both. The one advantage the Star has over the Emerald is one of the pools is covered. If the weather is inclement, you can still use the pool. The Crown Grills differ in decor because the dining room for the Crown Grill on the Star was not renovated during it's dry dock. The menu does not include lobster as it does on the Emerald.

When choosing between the two ships, we go with itinerary and dates.

Bon Voyage which ever you choose. They are both lovely ships. CruiseSmiley-1.gif

Archived