Fanasty out of Charleston in May

Janearl

We sailed the Fantasy out of Charleston in August. We typically sail Carnival so we thought it was great. The Fantasy is an older ship, but she has been updated nicely. She has the water park on the aft, which my kids loved. She also has the resort style pool.

While Charleston does not yet have the heavy cruise traffic like other ports the embarkation process was very easy. I think you will really like the Fantasy.

Go to the Review section of this website and look for recent reviews for this ship. Read as many as possible, because opinions will vary wildly from one person to another.

We just got off the sister ship, Fascination out of Jacksonville which also has the Evolutions of Fun upgrades. Ship looked great, had an OK time, but not great.

we sail tomorrow, if you have specific questions, please post them and i'll try to get an answer for you :)

Ooh, and I forgot, if you want to report on your experience embarking in Charleston, that would be very helpful. We are not VIPs, and have two small kids. We're wondering whether there will be really long lines if we get there at 11:45 or 12:00, which would be bad for the kids. The other option would be to arrive a bit later after the initial traffic has thinned out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived