Questions on Booking through Harrahs

tlm

We are Diamond players with Harrahs and we have booked an AC cabin on the Dawn for a 9 day cruise In February.

We were given a 20% discount.

There are still two O/Ss showing available and we'd love to get into one. How does an upgrade/upsell work. Would we be offered considering we booked through Harrah's?

I've read on here that some people contact NCL directly to enquire about upgrades/upsells...should I do that or go through Harrah's.

Any idea what kind of price difference it would be assuming it was offered?

Thanks for all your help

Toni

Not 100% sure as Harrah's guests, but when you book thru CAS, you are not eligible for upsells. I would assume the same thru Harrah's, as you become a CAS guest thru them. I have tried numerous times to upsell (when the old upsell number was still in service) and they always directed me back to CAS who said "No Way!"... I have seen one incidence of a free upgrade for a CAS guest (from an oceanview to a balcony) that was a surprise at the pier, but that was it. (If, on your cruise, you play at a decent rate, you will find that CAS discounts and comps are generally better than Harrah's for booking in the future - I have always done waaaay better thru CAS).

But, if the prices drop on the OS's, you can always pay the difference to upgrade (including the discount) when the difference becomes comfortable - just call the number you booked with and ask what the total to upgrade would be and make a decision based on that.

Robin

Archived