FLL Airport to Port

joschwin

The best airfare I can get is into Fort Lauderdale. Is there an easy way to get to the Miami Pier from the airport? I am assuming a taxi any idea on the cost. I will be flying in the day before so I will have time I will not be rushed.

Any suggestions?

The best airfare I can get is into Fort Lauderdale. Is there an easy way to get to the Miami Pier from the airport? I am assuming a taxi any idea on the cost. I will be flying in the day before so I will have time I will not be rushed.

Any suggestions?

We always use.. http://www.ridesas.com/... 15pp and they are very reliable.. will pick you up at the port as well for the trip back ;) Taxi is VERY expensive... like 80 bucks or more...

Any suggestions?

We used Carlos at CMV Transport based on a recommendation from someone on Cruisecritic. He was very prompt and was a nice guy. $15 pp which is excellent from FLL to Mia. Here is his contact info.

Carlos

CMV Transportation Group

305-527-0843

carlos@cmvtransportation.com

We called him direct and then he asked us to email instead so he would have a record of our request.

He also works with SAS transport so you may find that they pick you up if he is on one side of FLL and SAS is picking up someone close to you. Worked out well for us.

We always use.. http://www.ridesas.com/... 15pp and they are very reliable.. will pick you up at the port as well for the trip back ;) Taxi is VERY expensive... like 80 bucks or more...

I second the use of SAS.

We also found flights to FLL much less expensive than to MIA. (Our cruise was just a month ago.) I went to the SAS link and filled out a reservation form. Received a response very quickly. Our driver called my cell phone as soon as our plane landed. Once we retrieved our luggage, I called him back. He came to us in less than five minutes. The ride to the Miami port area was only 20 minutes. I also reserved a ride back. Same scenario as the first leg. It was all so convenient and really, really easy.

I'll jump on the SAS bandwagon also, along with GO Shuttle. http://www.floridalimo.com/

We cruised last week and were unable to book SAS from FLL to our Miami hotel (they were booked solid that day for a local private school event). So, I booked online with the GO Shuttle Shared Ride service. Same as SAS - it's a van that picks up several people and delivers them to their destinations, in our case, our Miami hotel. It was $21 per person from FLL to a downtown Miami hotel, which actually was a couple bucks cheaper than what SAS would have been because we had a late flight. SAS charges for 3 people if you arrive after 3 pm or something like that. (info is on their website). I booked and paid for it online. When you go to their website, be sure to select Shared Ride shuttle from the menu on the left side of the screen.

However, for the return trip to a Ft Lauderdale hotel from the POM, I did not have a reservation with anyone. I called Steve at SAS when we got off the ship Monday morning and we were on one of his shuttles within 5 minutes and heading to our Ft Lauderdale hotel. Paid the driver directly.

Both services were very easy, friendly and reliable.

Archived