Time Frame- Save the Dates, Invites, RSVP's

CruiserJess

Hello fellow brides,

Trying to figure out a good time frame for all of these. I am planning a April 27th 2012 wedding and thinking of sending the Save the Dates out in January- 1 yr and 3 months before the wedding. I was thinking of sending out the Invites 10 months before, but I'm not sure what time I should ask everyone to RSVP by.

I am a super planner and I really want to have a good estimate of the number of people early on. I was thinking of asking everyone to RSVP by December 2011 for a April 2012 wedding, is that not enough time?? or could I ask for a response sooner?

I will be hosting a luncheon in Key West on Duval St so I really would like to know how much space I need to hold and an estimated cost.

Thoughts??

That's pretty much what were doing! Date is one month earlier that yours, we sent STDs instead of hristmas cards this week, we'll do our invites next summer and I asked ppl to book by 12/31/11 which I would consider an RSVP lol . I think you're right on track!

A year and three months is a good head start for save-the-dates if you want guest to cruise. Remember though, a save-the-date usually doesn't have room for a lot of information and guest will want the details of the cruise. Perhaps you should set up a website with the cruise info and then put the website address on your save-the-dates. If you are not computer savvy, then include a flyer, brochure or something with cruise information with your save-the-date mailing.

If you do Jan. 2011 save-the-dates, when do you plan to send out the formal invites? It looks like it will need to be between Jan 2011 & Dec 2011, since you want RSVPs by Dec 2011. So maybe no later than September 2011 your formal invites should go out.

So it would look like:

Jan. 2011: save-the-dates

Sept. 2011: formal invitations

Dec. 2011: RSVP due

April 2011: wedding

Keep in mind for an April cruise your guest will probably have to be booked by Feb. anyhow. So you may not get some of the late RSVPs until then!

Yes I know a million questions are to soon follow. I started working on the wedding website :)

I think I will send out formal invites around that time and maybe push back the RSVP's. Blame it on my type A personality.. I need to know whats going on and all details lol I guess I need to learn a little patience :)

What can I say.. planning a cruise wedding is a dream come true so I am very eager.. as I am sure you can relate to.

Blame it on my type A personality.. I need to know whats going on and all details lol I guess I need to learn a little patience :)

What can I say.. planning a cruise wedding is a dream come true so I am very eager.. as I am sure you can relate to.

Just don't get to crazy when it's time for the RSVPs to come in and guest are taking their time. I realize that no matter what this wedding is only on 'my' high priority list... for everyone else it's just an event that they may have to attend in the future!

...and yes I can certainly relate!

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this question. When you are planning a cruise wedding, do you cover your quests cost of their cabins and tips?

Noooooo....

You would be BROKE if you did that.

If guest want to cruise they have to cover their entire cost, unless of course there is someone you guys want to help because you really want them to cruise and they can't afford it.

Otherwise the answer is no, there is no rule that says you have to cover any cost for your guest. The proper thing to do is to let people know well in advance of your plans since it is considered a 'destination' wedding. So giving guest a heads up (I'd say at least a year in advance) would be proper.

i think it's expected that the wedding day stuff is covered, such as transportation from the ship to the wedding site and whatever is going on with the wedding events. as far as the cruise and tips, i think lipz is right - you'd go broke!! but i have seen some people pay for their bridal party or family, so i guess it all depends on your situation and/or how many people will be there and other factors.

Archived