New Years Eve on Biscayne Bay

bruru

We are staying at the Tempo on New years eve. I know they have fireworks at Bayfront park. None of the restaurants at Bayfront Marketplace seems to appeal to us. Any suggestions as to dining on New Years Eve?

The Rusty Pelican, which sits on a key just off of the mainland, will have a spectacular view of the fireworks, as well as the entire shoreline of downtown Miami. Now, whether you can get into that place on New Years Eve is another story. You could call them and see whether they are taking reservations. The view from that restaurant is just spectacular. We used to live in the marina there, and I sure do miss the view, but I don't miss the roughness of the water there.

If you were to have dinner there, you could go outside afterwards. They have fire pits on the property near the shoreline. The place will surely be packed that night, as will just about any place like it. You should call and get the scoop on availability.

I usually take the boat out and watch the fireworks at anchor. If I didn't have that, the Rusty Pelican would probably be my first choice. Perhaps some others can give some information about other places on the downtown side of the area, other than Bayside.

Archived