SPIRIT room 5162 or 5163

hlb76

Anyone been in either of these obstructed view rooms? We have never chosen a balcony so not sure where to go picking a room. I know some obstructed are obstructed bad and some not so bad. Maybe I will spend the extra $30 and get no obstrcution.

I would suggest, if the search function is working to type in those cabin numbers and some useful info will come up. There is a list of all the cabins on that deck and what the obstruction is.

We are in 5174 and we have the life boat just below us so our view out is not obstructed but the view down is.

IIRC, you will have an obstructed view in those cabins.

Good luck!

Toni

Thanks.

I would not mind the lifeboat underneath. I just hate to have it right in front if thats the case I might as well do the french doors.

We are inside cabin people but since our cruise got cancelled and CCL has our money we thought we might upgrade rooms and treat ourselves for all the frustration.

Thanks.

I would not mind the lifeboat underneath. I just hate to have it right in front if thats the case I might as well do the french doors.

We are inside cabin people but since our cruise got cancelled and CCL has our money we thought we might upgrade rooms and treat ourselves for all the frustration.

I think you should treat yourself, spend the extra 30 bucks and get the balcony. It is so nice to have the fresh air and to just sit out there.

You will love the Spirit, she's a beautiful ship.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide. You deserve it!

Toni

Anyone been in either of these obstructed view rooms? We have never chosen a balcony so not sure where to go picking a room. I know some obstructed are obstructed bad and some not so bad. Maybe I will spend the extra $30 and get no obstrcution.

If you can get a cabin 5169 - 5245 it would be better. The only obstructed views that these cabins have is looking down but not straight out. These cabins sit behind the lifeboats which sit lower than the tenders that are in front of cabins 5142-5168. However, 5142-5168 are still balcony and you do get to see the sky and if you are standing then you will see the ocean.

If you get one of the 4k's that are between the lifeboats/tenders than I would go for those. IIRC, the last 3 4k's are just windows, not french doors.

I couldn't find this type of a room on the Spirit---but here are some pictures from her sister ship, the Miracle. We are booked on the Spirit in Feb.----we looked at these rooms also. The view seems fine, but my wife likes to sun on the balcony and there seemed to be an overhang not present in regular balcony rooms, so we spent the extra for a regular balcony. I can't get the link to work--this site doesn't like the other? Where they have asterisks, you'd have to type in "cruise line rooms.com" with no spaces

http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=28216

If your only choice are these two obstructed rooms I would pay the extra $30 and go no obstrcution.

I have been in 5162. The life boat in front of the balcony comes to the top of the balcony, so when you are sitting down you can not see anything. When you are standing you can see. The first three lifeboats on both sides are like this. So if you can get a 7A that is higher than 5170 or 5171 then do that other wise pay the extra $30 for no obstrcution.

Thanks guys. I have never booked a room other than a inside so I never really minded where we ended up. There are very few cabins left on the sailing we are interested in. And of course the price went up a bit today.

We where canceled from your Splendor cruise. So figured since we where paid in full for a 7day and the money was spent maybe we would splurge and get a nicer room and still receive a nice OBC. If the prices continue to rise before we get booked it might not in the picture anymore. I's rather get the inside and more OBC. To me more OBC = more DOD's or other fun so that why we get the cheaper rooms.

I don't in any way shape or form understand the rating of rooms. I know the 4k are the french doors. What would you choose for just a nice upgrade from a inside? I dont need fancy. We have never been unhappy w/ a inside. Once we had a OV and I hated it. The light was nice but looking out made me sick. I think I would be ok on the balcony since I can handle the top decks.

Archived