How to get an upgrade or move to another deck??

Hi, I am traveling on the Voyager on June 27th to Canada. I am currently on deck 6 aft in a D3 balcony room. Through further investigation, I am not as thrilled with my cabin as I once was. The balconies on this deck do not have the glass bottoms so when sitting it is hard to see the ocean. My husband recently broke his foot so our plans have changed somewhat for our cruise.

Does anyone know the best way to get an upgrade (either call RCCL now or wait until check in) or swich decks but stay in the same class cabin (again call or wait)? The ship, it appears, is pretty booked up with only suites still being available on the RCCL website (and they are not cheap). What is the best plan?? I have called once to see if I could relocate our room closer to the elevators (due to the broken foot) and they had nothing available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Megan

Carnival Pride 5/03
RCCL Voyager of the Seas 6/04

Archived