To our neighbors in room 7416 on Victory, 12/12/10...

GLENANDT

Thank you for the wealth of info once again. I have now learned next time I get a balcony to

1 Not use the light at night

2 never smoke outside

3 whisper only

4 tip toe

5 better yet don't talk so never have a guest outside on the balcony I paid for for drinks or conversation

6 Did I mention not to smoke or talk?

Since I am cruising very shortly again please feel free to add to my list so I don't make any balcony dweller mistakes and get

1 yelled at

2 reported and asked to walk the plank

3 or have something smelly ...I believe it was skunk oil...thrown on my balcony like was suggested in another of these very informative threads... because I would ever dream of smoking on my balcony

Oh...So you didn't know???? The extra money you pay for a balcony is only for people that want to be as Elmer Fudd says Verrry Verry Quiet! So I guess me and my DW sitting out on the balcony at midnight on the last cruise playing backgammon with the light on and having a drink was disturbing to someone, especially the light and the sounds of the dice rolling out of the cup onto the board! How inconsiderate of us! So why did you say they put those lights outside the balcony for????

Oh...So you didn't know???? The extra money you pay for a balcony is only for people that want to be as Elmer Fudd says Verrry Verry Quiet! So I guess me and my DW sitting out on the balcony at midnight on the last cruise playing backgammon with the light on and having a drink was disturbing to someone, especially the light and the sounds of the dice rolling out of the cup onto the board! How inconsiderate of us! So why did you say they put those lights outside the balcony for????

I hate the lights on the balcony too. You can't see the stars. But I only hate it when the people are not even on the balcony and they leav it on all night. Smoke never bothers me. The ship is moving for christ sake. And I say party on. Just not all night. Lynda

Well believe it or not there was a couple on our last cruise that thought it was ok to play loud music on their balcony til all hours of the morning as well. Not good when you are trying to sleep and it is vibrating into the room. A quick bang on the wall worked for a little while and eventually I had to say something - did not do away with the music but at least it was turned down a little. Yes there are inconsiderate people in the world but after 15 cruises and only one issue - -----

Well believe it or not there was a couple on our last cruise that thought it was ok to play loud music on their balcony til all hours of the morning as well. Not good when you are trying to sleep and it is vibrating into the room. A quick bang on the wall worked for a little while and eventually I had to say something - did not do away with the music but at least it was turned down a little. Yes there are inconsiderate people in the world but after 15 cruises and only one issue - -----

gr1634,

Oops, sorry... that was me...

:)

Just kiddin...

Being a balcony dweller myself, we only had one time out of all the times we cruised where the folks next door had a balcony party most of the nite.

Most people understand and are respectful of their neighbors

Regards,

OSJ

I'm not asking for any ones PITY. I just wanted to point out for future cruisers to just keep in mind your neighbors around you. Should I of gone and complained either directly to them or to GS ... Yes I suppose I should have. I'm not a first time cruiser and this was the first time I encountered such rudeness. I was just trying to make a point for consideration of others.

I have been witness to many acts of rude behavior on cruiseships and most I would just turn a blind eye to. No way would I put up with not being able to use my aft wrap balcony in peace. Yes, I think you should have asked them to turn the music down and if that did not work then I would have called guest services and asked if they could come to my cabin and step onto my balcony and listen to the noise. That probably would have been all that you needed to do.

I agree...Im about 1/2 gun shy to post anything or to even get on here except there is just a wealth of knowledge on here. With that said I think some folks on here need to get another hobby, some people really just invest way to much time and effort into this whole crusing thing. I thought we are all here becouse we are about to embark or debark from what is suppose to be a wonderful gift of vacation and we are kind people who want to share with others so that it may enhance their vacation. This site is nothing more than a site to share and when you can not share your experience in the way you felt you experienced it without folks flaming and beating on you then its time to move on. My hope is our hosts will start to intervene and folks will be put on warning or this site will become one where no one visits as its NOT user friendly. I truely value the knowledge here and have made alot of decisions from the information I have gotten here, I would hate for others to miss out on this.

Really people...check the nasty, negative, attacking behavior at the door.

Be supportive of our posters and not belittle them or smack their hands.

Im thankful for GLENANDT's post as I was on that cruise with them and was totally clueless about my balcony light, thanks for sharing as I will be a better neighbor the next time

Amen and thank you

The OP chose this venue to blow off her steam.

Too bad there are some that think this is SO wrong of her.

Some would do nothing. Some would throw a flaming pile of poo at the offenders.

Some sicko would do worse.

Good gravy Mariem

OP...... Thank you for your post.

Thank you. Have a Happy New Year!

So after skimming through part of this thread, it is apparent that I may have made a baaaaaaaad choice in getting a balcony for this cruise. We are usually inside or oceanview but thought we would try a balcony since everyone rants and raves about them.

Not seeing too much positive about having one.

a. loud music

b. lights on

c. yelling

d. doors slamming

e. smoke

Never had any issues on any of our balconies.

My last balcony I couldn't hardly sit out there and enjoy a late night drink and smoke as the people in the room next to us snored so terribly loud.

That is the only reason I turned the music up so loud was to drown out the noise so I could fully enjoy my peaceful balcony

Just joking....:D

My last balcony I couldn't hardly sit out there and enjoy a late night drink and smoke as the people in the room next to us snored so terribly loud.

That is the only reason I turned the music up so loud was to drown out the noise so I could fully enjoy my peaceful balcony

Just joking....:D

That's Funny! :D

Archived