Does my 3-year-old need to be fully potty trained for princess pelicans???

Drava

FROM THE PRINCESS WEBSITE:

ADDITIONAL REMINDERS

Children under 3 are not permitted in the Youth Center unless accompanied by a parent at all times. Youth Center staff cannot administer medication, bottle-feed, change diapers, or provide meal service. Private in-cabin babysitting is not available on any Princess ship. All children participating in the Youth program must be potty-trained. Children who are not potty-trained are not permitted in hot tub or pool facilities.

We did two Princess cruises (Sapphire and Golden) after age 3 when one of my girls was still not fully potty trained. They had no problem with her wearing a pull-up in the kids club, they just do not help at all with going to the potty (it is child-sized in the kids club). I don't know if there is an official Princess policy on pull-ups (I know Royal Carib does not allow pull-ups), but it wasn't an issue for us on with the staff on the two cruises we took.

Best,

Mia

We did two Princess cruises (Sapphire and Golden) after age 3 when one of my girls was still not fully potty trained. They had no problem with her wearing a pull-up in the kids club' date=' they just do not help at all with going to the potty (it is child-sized in the kids club). I don't know if there is an official Princess policy on pull-ups (I know Royal Carib does not allow pull-ups), but it wasn't an issue for us on with the staff on the two cruises we took.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Same for us! We sent our then 3 year-old DS in a pull-up and they had no problem with that. Said they would page us if there were any problems!

I had always thought that kids must be fully potty trained for the Princess kids club so I didn't cruise Princess until I was sure my DS wasn't going to have an accident. However, when I was on Princess last month, the kids program papers specifically stated that if a child is not fully potty trained that parents may not go ashore and leave the child on board. This would lead me to believe that it was OK to drop them at the kids club if you stayed on the ship. They won't change diapers, but if your child is close to being potty trained, I bet it won't be a problem.

BTY: The counselors in the kids club were great with my DS (age 3). If he wasn't in the kids club, he was asking to go. My only complaint was that they weren't open the first or last nights of the cruise. When they were open, they were awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Only children who are 3 on the sailing date are on the list of potential participants given to the kid's club, and only those kids get the materials in their stateroom - they know the kids ages from the birth certificate or passport you use as ID to board. Children under 3 are allowed to use the facility with a parent present on Princess. Of course, you can always ask once on board, but I've heard of kids who are a week away who are turned away, let alone a month.

Best,

Mia

Thanks Mia! Good to know and have my expectations set before cruising. I'll be sure to ask when we get on board and will bring her there to expend some energy, but I'll keep my expectations low in terms of being able to drop her off for an hour or two while mommy gets a massage :) My parents are traveling with us though, so they could always help out in a pinch. I'm sure there will be plenty of other stuff on the boat to keep her (and I) entertained on sea days!

Thanks!

Bridget

Thanks Mia! Good to know and have my expectations set before cruising. I'll be sure to ask when we get on board and will bring her there to expend some energy, but I'll keep my expectations low in terms of being able to drop her off for an hour or two while mommy gets a massage :) My parents are traveling with us though, so they could always help out in a pinch. I'm sure there will be plenty of other stuff on the boat to keep her (and I) entertained on sea days!

Thanks!

Bridget

I took a few Princess cruises before my girls were old enough for the kids club and we always had a wonderful time - I'm sure you will too. I enjoyed going with them to the kids club...something you can't do on most of the other lines.

Best,

Mia

Archived