Do NOT book shuttle service with Ace Tours

SusieV

We had a horrible experience with Ace Tours upon disembarking the Celebrity Equinox on Friday December 17. I had prearranged a shuttle van for 4 adults and one infant, and had an email confirmation of this noting that we required a carseat for my son.

I called Ace Tours from Guest Relations shortly before disembarkation and was told that our van was already in the waiting area and to call once we were outside and it would be there within 5 minutes. I asked if it had the carseat and they confirmed that yes, it did.

OK. So we collected our luggage and went through Customs and called from the outside. I was told our van would be there within 5 minutes. We waited... and waited... 25 minutes later, a van stopped by pulling a trailer and the driver was there to pick up a large group for Ace Tours. I asked him if he was our driver and he said no but he would call to find out where ours was. When he got off the phone he said that they told him I hadn't called when I had already called twice! He told me the office was only 7 minutes away and they would put in the carseat and the van would be here shortly.

Again, we waited another half hour before a van pulled in. By this time I was concerned about my 14 month old son waiting out in the heat. I asked the driver if he had a carseat and he said yes and started loading the luggage. We opened the door and there was no carseat! I stopped the driver from loading the luggage and asked where the baby seat was. He said he wasn't told to bring one.

By this time we had been waiting for more than an hour to get to the airport. We were concerned about missing our flight and the baby was exhausted and getting hot. The driver unloaded the luggage, told me I had to call head office, and left. If it wasn't for one of the Sheriffs directing traffic, I'm not sure what we would have done. He arranged for a shuttle bus to take us safely to the airport and it cost us less than half of what Ace Tours was going to charge us.

Just take a taxi- this shuttle service is definitely not worth the hassle! They lie to you and tell you everything is arranged and then whoops, it's not and you have no recourse.

Just wanted to add they are threatening to charge me for the trip because I didn't cancel within their policy despite the fact that they didn't provide me with the service I contracted for.

I highly recommend staying far away from this company.

Archived