Question about opinions

Alan the sponge

I was in the SAME boat (haha!) as you when I was planning my first cruise. I read a lot of negative things about the Pride of Aloha that I called my Travel Agent to cancel. She explained what a lot of people above me have said: there will always be unhappy people who want to nitpick or complain.

We went on the cruise and loved it.

^^^This!! :D

I joined here shortly after booking my first cruise....then read the reviews and comments people made. Had I listened to those people, I would have missed out on a GREAT experience.

I am new to this forum and please excuse what is probably a pointless question. I am planning my first Carnival cruise on the Conquest and see so many negative write ups here on this site about this ship and Carnival in general. My question is then has anyone ever booked a cruise or even decided to cancel a cruise based on what's written here? Because I am.

Alan from Orlando

EVERYTHING you read on here is opinion, not FACT. Make decisions based on facts, not opinions.

Years ago I stopped reading any reviews of cruises, movies, restaurants, plays, books, etc. I have never been sorry for forming my own opinion and disregarding all others.

I am new to this forum and please excuse what is probably a pointless question. I am planning my first Carnival cruise on the Conquest and see so many negative write ups here on this site about this ship and Carnival in general. My question is then has anyone ever booked a cruise or even decided to cancel a cruise based on what's written here? Because I am.

Alan from Orlando

Don't let the negative reports discourage you. I loved the Conquest! Could it be better? Sure, but nothing's perfect. I could pick it apart and make it sound like a horrible ship if I wanted to, and some will do that. Some people are very picky.

Leading up to our Dream cruise, we heard so many negatives about that ship. We were really regretting booking that cruise, as were many others from our roll call, but we didn't cancel. Thank God we didn't! Because it was the best cruise ever!!! And it's my favorite ship ever!!! In fact, I'm going back next November, passing up new ships & new ports just to again sail the Dream (that so many hated and still hate). I hope that you'll have the same kind of wonderful surprise, making it an even more amazing cruise.

Archived