Golf in Bermuda??

MaryL31

Will be in Bermuda on Zenith in early May...any suggestions on where to

golf, and how steep are the prices? DH says he doesn't want to golf, but I keep hearing how wonderful it is. I don't golf; he says he doesn't want to leave me for such a long time...I wouldn't mind walking along with him, if that's allowed. Maybe he thinks I will be giving the credit cards a workout?

Any info would be apprciated-

Mary

Here are the public golf courses in Bermuda. This info is out of the phone book so fees may not be 100% accurate for when you're here but it will definately give you an idea:

You can book a start time for most courses by calling 234-GOLF, alternative phone numbers are listed for each:

Belmont Hills: 18-hole par 70 $100 weekday, $120 weekend, fee includes cart call:236-6400, email belmonthillsgolf@logic.bm

Ocean View: 9-hole par 35 $65 (for 18-hole, i.e. twice around the course) phone 295-9093, email oceanview@northrock.bm

Port Royal: 18-hole par 71 $132, fee includes cart call: 234-0974 email portroyal@northrock.bm

St. Georges: 18-hole par 62, $60 call 297-8353 email sggc@northrock.bm

Fairmont Southampton 18-hole par 54 $70, fee includes cart, call: 239-6952 email: brucesims@fairmont.com

For walking around with DH I'd recommend Southampton Princess. Gorgeous views (hilly course though) and you can nip back to the hotel if you get tired and meet DH there after his game. The hotel has a nice lounge and a few stores for shopping to while away a bit of time. They also have a shuttle down to their private beach which is right next to Horseshoe Bay, about a minute walk (so you can grab the shuttle then go to Horseshoe Bay, they don't check if you're a guest on the shuttle but they do if you go on the private beach).

I highly recommend, Port Royal Golf Club. ;) We play that course every time we visit Bermuda. My wife and I will be in Bermuda in early May also, will be arriving on the Horizon.

Another great course is Tucker’s Point Golf Club. Mid Ocean is also nice but very pricey and you must use a caddie. We are planning to play Belmond Hills and Port Royal Golf Clubs this time around.

If you want to save some money, :D make your own tee time and have a taxi take you there, but if you can’t get a tee time on your own, then use the services of the ship’s golf pro; expect to pay around $100.00 per person more. Making your own arrangements will allow you to be in control and leave the course after you enjoy a drink :p or two :eek: in the clubhouse. I hate to be rush off the property. :mad:

Chichi

• 1 month later...

Prices ranges: from $30 - $35. We are planning to play three different courses while in Bermuda, Port Royal, Belmont Hills and St. George’s. I’ll be the guy carrying the two golf bags onto the ship. :confused: We leave May 7; see you there. FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Chichi

• 2 weeks later...

Chichi: Have you ever played St. George Golf Club? We're there in early June and I'm booking a time for my brother as a birthday gift. Port Royal was #1 choice, but it's awfully steep, esp. if he has to take a taxi from Hamilton or St. George, which I've heard could run $40 each way. That seriously ups the already expensive price of just playing there. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Happy sailing to you this weekend!

Chrissieo,

We leave tomorrow for Bermuda; we’re planning to play St. George’s, Belmont Hills, and my favorite, Port Royal. :D We’re driving to the docks, so we are taking our clubs. :confused: I’ll be carrying both golf bags with me; security will have a good time checking me out with all those rods. :eek:

I only have played Tucker’s Point and Port Royal on several occasions. We want to try other course. ;) I’ll give you the scope when I return.

Fore………..:)

Bob

We did Port Royal in October 2003. We split a taxi from the ship to the course and it worked out to $5 per person. The course charged $130 for my hubby and $20 for me to ride along. That's the highest we've ever paid to play golf. BUT, if you are on your 25th anniversary trip (we were) and it's your first time to Bermuda (ours) and you can afford it, (we made sure we could) then do it! We may never get back to Bermuda, although I hope that some day we do. One reason to take the taxi instead of the bus---the bus will most likely leave you off at the entrance to the course. Then you have to walk up the hill to the clubhouse taking your clubs with you. It's up to you, but I'd do the taxi again. My brother stayed near this course once and he estimated that the entrance to the clubhouse to be between 1/2 mile to a mile long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Anyone played recently or anyone planning to play soon. I know my son-in-law is definitely hoping to play on our July 9 cruise on the Crown. Can you make independent arrangements or must they be done thru ship?

Archived