Carnival Miracle with a three year old?

vega

Hi, my hubby and I are contemplating a cruise from New York aboard the Carnival Miracle. Carnival's prices are great, their itinerary is great but we just sailed on the Carnival Legend and while the islands and food were terrific, the ship was a little dull. The pools were small, the slide was frequently busy, and there really wasn't much to do for us or our very active three year old, who will be almost four by the time we set sail again. Given all this, would you recommend Miracle for us or should we consider a cruiseship with more active options, like RCCL Explorer of the Seas, which has an ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, and a huge atrium with lots of room to run around in and explore?

Just a little background on us - we've gone on ten cruises and I'm dying to go on the Oasis from RCCL but the prices are outrageous. Hubby and I are trying to compromise and Carnival has a great deal on the NY cruise aboard hte Miracle. However, with four sea days I'm concerned we may get bored and our little one will get very restless.

Thank you!

Lana

Carnival cruises are very standard .. same food from one ship to another, and very similar activities.

If you were bored on another Carnival cruise .. then Id say Carnival is perhaps not for you.

... not that any of the things you mentioned .. other than the small pools seem to apply to a 3 year old.

I was going to say the same thing - rock climbing - skating really would not be a benfit to a child of 3-4 and can't really say that the pools have ever actually been full. From what I have heard Camp Carnival is among the best for entertaining children and if that isn't enough then yes - maybe another cruise line will be a better fit. On any cruise or cruise line it is what you make it not what it makes for you.

Our son loved watching the ice skating shows in the evening and watching my husband rock climb. He loved the parades during the day and the whirlpools that hung off the side of the ship. We loved strolling in the atrium and checking out all the shops and little restaurants. We didn't find any of that on Carnival. He's also very shy so I'm nervous he wouldn't go to the Camp Carnival program.

But you do bring up a great point - it's what we make of the cruise that counts...

Our son loved watching the ice skating shows in the evening and watching my husband rock climb. He loved the parades during the day and the whirlpools that hung off the side of the ship. We loved strolling in the atrium and checking out all the shops and little restaurants. We didn't find any of that on Carnival. He's also very shy so I'm nervous he wouldn't go to the Camp Carnival program.

But you do bring up a great point - it's what we make of the cruise that counts...

Dream has the hot tubs that hang over the side of the ship.

If CCL did not fit the bill the first time and it is correct in that CCL ships are all pretty standard regarding activities, food, entertainment, etc.....

Sounds to me like you enjoyed RCI and their wider array of activities and overall ships amenities compared to CCL.

As for a cruise being "what you make of it".....well if CCL is not providing the surroundings that appeal to you based on your first cruise, that theory goes out the window simply because you already know what to expect and were not thrilled. Price is for certain not the only factor in booking a cruise.

Our family was just on the Miracle in April--there were 12 of us total, ranging in age from 81 to 3.

Our kids, 10 and 3, had a BLAST on the cruise. We left from NY and found plenty to do on the sea days. We spent a couple of hours at the pool in the morning, played mini golf, did trivia (the 3yr old LOVED it, he always had his own paper & pencil and usually got a medal for his efforts. lol), took walks around the ship, spent time on the balcony, snacked, played basketball, etc.

all those bells and whistles on rccl are not really any good for a 4 year old. there is the kids club on deck 12, which is dark and dreary to us.there is a small slide, some pools, and other water thingies, as well as an indoor area..

the main pools on carnival were perfect, with the shallow lip, and all the friends she made.

either one is a great choice, but the eos is a lot more money.

Archived