who pays?

zurich72

Hi everybody. I'm having a dilemma. We have booked our wedding cruise -- It will be next February aboard the Golden Princess. Originally, we were not having any guests at all, and are having a reception when we get home. Now we're considering inviting a best man and maid of honor... is it customary to pay their way, considering it's a lot to ask of them? (as well as taking a week off from work) -- also, they both are living outside the US, so it'd be a big trip for them. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!:confused:

I will be getting married June 2006 upon one of RCI's Voyager ships. There are 8 people in our wedding party and they will all be paying their own way. Even though it's customary to pay for accomodations for members of the wedding party, it would be impossible for my finance and I to pay for everyone to go on the cruise with us. But to be considerate we did ask everyone if they would be financially "ok" prior to asking them to commit to being a member of our wedding party and we did give them over a year and half notice so they can save and plan appropriately.

Perhaps one solution is to ask if they're interested in going with you and to pay for 1/2 of the trip?

We got married in August 2004 aboard the Carribean Princess. 20 people went with us including our parents and my sister. Everyone paid his/her way. We had several people that we really wanted to come with us, but unfortunately we were unable to pay for those guests.

Since we considered that it was just as much his/her vacation as our wedding celebration, they did pay their way.

Kelley

Archived