Canceled Flights Today

mcwebber

Just when is it a better time to cruise? June thru November is hurricane season. I'd never book a cruise during that time. Winter is December - March. So the safest window of time is April-May? Those are the best months for most all of us for where we live. Why would we want to travel away from home during that time? Winter has the occasional snow storm but winter is when the weather sucks the most and everyone wants to get away from it. I say it is the best time to cruise. Just give yourself a little window on both ends of the cruise.

We live in FL and we cruised in May, it is very warm and the waters have warmed up by then. I know hurricane season starts in June, but being from FL I would have no qualms sailing June or July even. August and September are usually when your stronger hurricane' s form, I would never sail these two months.

Happy Sailing,

We kept in contact with Carnival every step of the way.

They offered us 4 future sailing dates as a replacement.

The ship we missed sailed at 50% capacity.

Our friends from CA who did make it said it was the cruise from hell.

I was on a cruise in Spring 1993 when the east coast got hit by a blizzard and there were tornados through Cuba. We had to be strapped to the top bunks as to not fall out and no one was allowed up on open deck. It was only the last day or day and a half of the cruise as I remeber. It was my senior year in high school so my memories aren't real great!

We kept in contact with Carnival every step of the way.

They offered us 4 future sailing dates as a replacement.

The ship we missed sailed at 50% capacity.

Our friends from CA who did make it said it was the cruise from hell.

Why, what happened? Good story?

We leave from Baltimore on Jan. 9 on the Pride. Coming in from Philly via Amtrak on Jan. 8 and staying the night in Balitmore. If there is any pending snow in the forecast for the 8th, then we will change our train reservations to the night of Jan. 7. Hopefully, that is enough contingency to avoid any complications.

...I'm nervous about our outgoing flight to NOLA next month because we have a connecting flight in Denver and I've flown through there enough times to know how much of a mess it can be in the winter. ....

So far Denver has been mild and snow free. Don't know what this will mean next month but so far so really good when it comes to flying. Will keep our fingers crossed for you, and later this winter for us since you are right- Denver can go from spring to 3 ft blizzard in an hour.

We live in FL and we cruised in May, it is very warm and the waters have warmed up by then. I know hurricane season starts in June, but being from FL I would have no qualms sailing June or July even. August and September are usually when your stronger hurricane' s form, I would never sail these two months.

Happy Sailing,

Im with you, we prefer May, when kids are still in school but we have sailed in June and July also with no hurricane problems at all...most seem to happen either late aug or in the fall

Archived