Cuba run ashore

Cruising on Dream from Feb 3rd and was wondering about the overnight visit to Havana on the 16/17 . Is it just possible to walk into town for the evening ,visit a few music bars etc or would I be pushing my luck ? The Thomson evening tours dont appeal/seem vague.

Also regarding excursions in general will Thomsons supply more detailed info on these nearer departure or will we only have whats posted online as a guide ? Any answers to these would be appreciated.

Cruising on Dream from Feb 3rd and was wondering about the overnight visit to Havana on the 16/17 . Is it just possible to walk into town for the evening ,visit a few music bars etc or would I be pushing my luck ? The Thomson evening tours dont appeal/seem vague.

Also regarding excursions in general will Thomsons supply more detailed info on these nearer departure or will we only have whats posted online as a guide ? Any answers to these would be appreciated.

There are usually more excursions available in the Destinations Guide than those posted on the web. Likewise in the ticket booklet which you receive a few weeks before you travel, some excursions ar described but others are simply listed under 'other available trips' or something to that effect.

The Destination Services team have always been excellent in my experience for answering your detailed questions and they will have had a few calls there prior to your departure so should be up to speed. When they haven't known the answer in my experience they have been willling to ring ahead to their port agent to check things out. They are also very good at helping with passengers seeking to adopt a DiY approach offering advice and help. (I find it's usueful to go when the're not too busy with queues i.e. just after the Port Showcase when everyone seeems to descend on the office.)

But all being well, there will be others who have done this trip before you and will post reviews. We'll be back and I will post with any info I can find out. Just hope it's as good as it looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Also cruising the same time on Dream and this will be our 3rd visit to Havana. Will be docking about 10 - 15 mins walk to centre of Havana (Cathederal square) where there are lots of bars with music and salsa....... If you want a tour around the city you can negotiate price with either a horse and trap or taxi (payment in convertable pesos) You will be very safe here evan at night time. Just take normal precautions as you would in this country eg London with bags etc. The Tropicana night club is a MUST (if you have time) Havana is a beautiful, crumbling city with happy people. If you have 'spare' medication like paracetamol., gaviscon and any sun tan lotion left over please think about giving to the locals....Enjoy your cruise - we are looking forward to it.

Archived