Maui Questions please help

Icantwait

Hi one more time!

We have decided to skip the trek to HANA, as it is too much for one short day.

Decided also not to rent car. We have been told we can just go into town by Front Street, shop, and catch shuttle to Sheraton where they have everything to do.

Questions

What to do

Do they snorkel stands or whalewatch on beach

Are we okay without the hassle of car return.

We have a car in Hilo for Volcanos and also in Kona and wanted a restful day

Is this doable

Thanks

any ideas of fun close things to do, let me know

Appreciate any input

Icantwait,

We have also decided to make Maui a beach day.... our cheapest day on the trip. I had asked about Kaanapali in another thread that you might find helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=133823

We are going to check out Lahaina, then hop on the shuttle down to the beach & also check out Whaler's Village. Our 11 year old will LOVE that! Snorkeling at Black Rock will also be in our day! All pretty central right there from what I understand.

Tina

I'm assuming that you're tendering into Lahaina, correct? Sounds very doable. Not sure if snorkel stands are on the beach in Kaanapali (I think that they are but havne't been there in a while so not sure if they're still there or not). Sounds like a nice restful day!

Spleen

There is a place to get snorkel equipment right off of front street (I think that is the main street in lahaina) if you need to pick some up before you head to beach. I just returned from there. Have a great trip.

I think you are referring to Boss Frogs? It is less than one block back from Front St. on Lahainaluna. It's not even 10 minutes walk (north) from where the tenders will drop you at the harbor. There are others, but I don't know if any are in easy walking distance. Snorkel Bob's really isn't. Maui Dive Shop is great, but they are up in the Cannery Mall. I expect Maui (county) or Lahaina would have Chamber(s) of Commerce and may be able to direct you to the closest rental shops. Otherwise, Boss Frogs should be fine and certainly convenient. I don't know if any of the Kaanapali resorts will rent to non-guests, but it wouldn't hurt to call in advance and check.

Enjoy and aloha.

beachchick

Archived