Cruising next HOLIDAYS!

cruizinrican

Well, Christmas is over and I am so happy to say I survived it! But I am already telling family, friends and our kids that next Christmas we will be cruising! They are welcome to join us too! I so would much rather be spending money on making memories that last a life time than purchasing expensive gifts that next week will only be on the floor and forgotten. I will buy a present or two to be given on Christmas but the cruise will be the main gift. Merry Christmas!! Are there others that feel that Christmas has become so stressful a season? It sure is for me but not after 12/25/2011, I sure wont be! :D

I would love to hear from others with older children (ours range from 13-23) that have cruised during the holidays. Do you have any advice for me? Certain cruiselines, going to where, a ship, any traditions that your family does while aboard for the holidays that you would like to share?

Thanks!

I'm with you sister ;)

Last year we were on a cruise for xmas and it was WONDERFUL. My DD who was 7 loved it also. This year we stayed home.......BIG MISTAKE! We are making a new years resolution to start a new xmas tradition of being on a cruise at xmas EVERY year!

My DD is younger but what we did was bring a few wrapped pressies for her for xmas day opening. I know alot of people will bring xmas decorations to decorate their stateroom, cute idea but I really don't want to carry extra stuff with me that isn't necessary (KWIM).

I'm not much help to your questions but atleast great minds think alike;)

Thanks for the response! Your right, great minds do think alike! Im already looking at dates for this coming Christmas. Invited all the family and hoping someone joins us but if not, we will cruise without them. My DD is very excited about it already?! LOL silly girl :p

I can't speak from experience, but we're already planning with the same idea in mind!

From what I've looked at so far (RCI and NCL) going just before Christmas is the best prices, once you hit Christmas and right through the new year prices jump quite a bit. I'm good with doing that!

We have begun cruising on Thanksgiving and plan to continue this tradition indefinitely! For 13 years we had always hosted Thanksgiving at our house ~ as much as we enjoyed doing so, we have fallen in LOVE with the stree-free alternative of a holiday at sea! :)

We'll be cruising early in Dec. this year... part of an early christmas present. I would have done it closer to actual christmas, but the deal I got on this cruise was too sweet to pass up. Winters here can be -25 degrees. Any time I can get away from the stress of the holidays and spend time in a tropical climate, it sounds like a good idea to me. I would have loved to cruise during the actual christmas break. But, it was more than double the cost of going when we are. When you have a family of 6 and have to get 2 staterooms to fit everyone... price is king. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Christmas cruise. May it be the first of many to come.

Yes the actual Christmas week is very expensive but the amount of money we spend on gifts for everyone and entertaining, its almost the price of the cruise ;)

I actually just booked Carnival Freedom Dec 24-Jan1 so we get the Christmas celebration and the NYE celebrations.............how perfect is that :D Anyone else coming on the same ship?

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the same thing here! Plus, my DS has a bday the day before we plan to sail.So its bday and Christmas for the 4 of us wrapped into one! Someone mentioned at a family gathering shortly before Christmas this year,about skipping it all next year and going to the Beach. So my DH and I decided a cruise was a good way to do that. We're going the week before,on NCL,b/c its a lot cheaper,but still on DS's break.

Archived