Items you brought and never used

Queenofthechickens

1. We took too many clothes on our first couple of cruises.

2. Walkie talkies- great concept, but we never even used them.

3. Smuggled alcohol- For our first cruise, we spent so much energy smuggling rum and vodka and we didn't even drink it. The Drink of the Day (DOD) is always so much fun. And it's a pain in the butt to spike one's drinks.

4. Hair dryer- The ships we have been on had hair dryers in the rooms.

D.

First cruise, between my mom and I we checked 3 suitcases: 1 piece of luggage containing only shoes!:eek: Will never do that again. Only wore 2-flip flops and black flats on formal night.

Still pack too many clothes. A couple of nights into the cruise, we just do laundry...small price to pay to pack less.

I always forget and end up having to buy: Sunburn gel and chapstick

Never forget: Tide stainstick and cords to charge electronics.

• 2 weeks later...
Clothes steamer.

Could not do without the over the door thing.

We take 2 pairs of binoculars. We use them during the day. Like scanning the horizon and looking at distant ships.

Are clothes steamers allowed? I always used to bring a travel iron but understand they are no longer permissible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We always have our little Motorola radios and use them all the time, not only on board but also on shore.

We will be adding colored Duct Tape to our inventory as one of the luggage zippers gave up last time, but our colored web straps around the suitcases held.

I took a Tux on the first couple of Cruises, but now just rent one. It along with the shoes appears in my closet the first day and disappears the last day. Saves on the weight in the luggage and the fit has always been fine, the DW can put in another nice dress or two.

• 4 months later...

Honestly, duct tape has been one of those things I always bring and always find a use for! But you don't have to bring a whole roll... you can make or buy a flat pack that takes up way less room

Brought it once. Never used it. Now it stays at home. The people that need to know have the ships phone number and can call me if something happens.

Hmmmm, not sure I could ditch the cell phone. I don't care if someone needs to reach me, it can wait until I get back. But if something happens while in port, I want my phone just in case. For instance what if I miss the ship :eek:

The cell phone won't get the ship to turn around. If that happened I'd grab a cab to the nearest hotel, get a room as you will likely need it for at least one night, order a good room service meal and a couple of beer and kick myself hard in the butt for missing the ship in the first place. Then I'd use the local phone network and start looking for a way home and praying I had not left my passport in the safe that day to further complicate my allready sorry situation!

Archived