Wedding Onboard Celebrity Mercury May 6th

eandee

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who was married aboard a Celebrity ship becaue I have no idea what to expect.

We are going to get married onboard the third day at port at Catalina Island.

They TA hooked up with Lucy at theweddingexperience.com.

It will only be the two of us.

Any suggestions?

Liz:confused:

Liz,

My husband and I were married on the Mercury in May 2003. We were married on embarkation day around noon. A minister came onboard and preformed the ceremony. Afterwards, we had a 5-course sit-down lunch (more like a dinner) and had the cake-cutting and bouquet toss. All in all it was a great experience. We had 100 guests (the maxium allowed) for the cermony and lunch and 25 sailing with us for the week to Alaska.

I used a company called A Wedding For You for our coordinators. When I was looking into a cruise wedding, Celebrity directed me to them. I believe at the time they were listed as a contact on Celebrity's website (not sure if they still are). Pretty much the whole wedding and cabins were discussed and booked via email, with the odd phone call for the important details.

I put together a website about our wedding cruise. You can check out my website http://www.members.shaw.ca/jspanza

Jenn

Liz,

My husband and I were married on the Mercury in May 2003. We were married on embarkation day around noon. A minister came onboard and preformed the ceremony. Afterwards, we had a 5-course sit-down lunch (more like a dinner) and had the cake-cutting and bouquet toss. All in all it was a great experience. We had 100 guests (the maxium allowed) for the cermony and lunch and 25 sailing with us for the week to Alaska.

I used a company called A Wedding For You for our coordinators. When I was looking into a cruise wedding, Celebrity directed me to them. I believe at the time they were listed as a contact on Celebrity's website (not sure if they still are). Pretty much the whole wedding and cabins were discussed and booked via email, with the odd phone call for the important details.

I put together a website about our wedding cruise. You can check out my website www.members.shaw.ca/jspanza

Jenn

Jenn/Celebrity Bride,

glad to hear from you!

I tried reaching you on another thread too.

They are using a differerent Coordinator now and we are being married once we reach Catalina so it is all different than your big wedding on embarkation day!

I am glad they did a nice job for you.

Since it is only the two of us, I wasn't sure they would do much.

It seems like a lot of much for very little!

Catalina was the cheapest onboard.

Was the person emailing you the same person who came on board to help you or was there also someone from Celebrity.

I am concerned since our coordiantor is new to Celebrity, they can't personally answer any of the questions.

When did you find out where & at what time you would be married. Did you provide your own marriage license?

Did the crew & cruisers on the Mercury treat you any diffently for the rest of the cruise? Were you in a Cruise Critic group?

Thanks for all the help!

Liz

:confused:

The person that I was dealing with did not attend the wedding. She arranged for a local minister and 2 helpers who worked for the coordinator’s company to take care of everything for the day. In addition, there was 1 staff member from the Mercury's purser's desk (group coordinator? or something like that) who took care of all of the onboard details and made sure that our rooms were ready and luggage was taken care of etc. We also had the head photographer and an assistant during the ceremony and lunch. Our photos were ready for viewing within 2 days, and we had the rest of the week to decide which package we wanted.

Our coordinator told us that it would be approximately noon that we were going to be married but we could be delayed due to customs/immigration and embarkation staff for the ship. Luckily, we were not delayed for too long but customs did not show up when they were supposed to and we had to come off the ship at 3:30pm to clear customs in order to sail. That worked out okay, as by that time the ship was starting to get ready to sail (at 4:30pm) and wanted our guests off. Lunch and the other activities were completed by that time too.

We were also told that there were several places on the ship where the wedding could take place, but because we were such a large group, she knew that it would be in the Pavilion Night Club.

Yes, we did need to supply the marriage license. This wasn't a problem for us as we live near the port. I believe that if you live away from where the ceremony is you coordinator should be able to assist you in obtaining a license.

The crew treated us so well the entire time. We caught some of the officers watching part of the ceremony and some walked through the dining room during lunch. There was a honeymoon and anniversary party on board (check your daily information sheet). We went to that and were introduced by the cruise director and given a large bottle of champagne and a free photo of us by a honeymoon cake. Everywhere we went there were people (crew and passengers) recognizing us and it was a lot of fun... I never once had to pay for a drink in the bars :) I did wear my wedding dress and my husband wore his tux to the lifeboat drill.

We were in a cruise critic group, but missed the first meeting, as it was at a time that we had to meet with the head of the photo department. I had been chatting with several of the people though, and we did bump into each other at other times.

I think I answered your questions, please let me know if you have any more, and congratulations, I'm sure that your wedding will be wonderful!

Jenn

The person that I was dealing with did not attend the wedding.

Our coordinator told us that it would be approximately noon

We were also told that there were several places on the ship where the wedding could take place, but because we were such a large group, she knew that it would be in the Pavilion Night Club.

I think I answered your questions, please let me know if you have any more, and congratulations, I'm sure that your wedding will be wonderful!

Jenn

Jenn,

thanks again.

My wedding coordinator is checking to see if we can marry on deck. It is only two of us and I hate to waste the Ocean or Catalina backdrop!

I am glad that someone from Celebrity does take care of onboard things.

I won't be seeing my local coordinator until that morning.

We need someone to get us that far such as my hair appointment already set up for that AM and the Tux Chris is renting from them.

We also need to figure out what to do after as we have no guests!

I don't need privacy & will let any of the Cruise Critic folks come if they want & are back from the island or staying aboard.

We are hooking up in San Francisco as we don't trust to count on the party

Celebrity throws for the Cruise Critics, a lot of invites are missed or the party is 10:30 AM on a port day!

I was happy to see the goodies on your pillows & are those things from Celelbrity, guests or the coodinator?

What touches were done in your room?

Glad to hear about the freee drinks!

It should be a blast!

Thanks again & I'll keep you posted!

Liz

:p

The items on our pillow were from a romance package that we ordered (which also included 2 of the best bathrobes ever!). I beleive that there was a nice jug of water and some fruit and champagne from the cruise ship that was left for us. Also, they brought us the top of our wedding cake to our room for that evening and the rest of the leftovers were served to us with dinner. The whole week was a blur of excitement and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

A wedding on the deck would be really nice. Make sure to get lots of photos!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

We're getting married late this summer at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver a few hours before we board the Celebrity Summit and sail northbound through the Inside Passage.

Sounds like we're about to have a very similar experience to yours -- we're also being accompanied by a group of friends and family on our honeymoon. :eek:

I'm curious about any and all suggestions/comments you have! We've never been to Vancouver, but know that it's lovely.

The Pan Pacific looks fabulous!

We haven't sailed Celebrity before (we've been on RCCL), so any insider tips there would be very welcome as well!

Even any suggestions you have on sailing -- and exploring Alaska! -- with a group would be great!

I have Lucy at the Wedding experience in Florida and just got a call from our local Wedding Coordiantor for the ship. Her name is Bonnie. She says she does all Mercury Weddings at port of LA or Catalina Island in this case. Her husband actually does the ceremony and she said the wedding location onboard is lovely with the panaramic ocean view. She also stated the wedding cake was absolutely wonderful on the Mercury!

Anyone heard of her?

Liz:D

Liz... my daughter is getting married in December on the Zenith. We will have 30+ sailing and probably an addition 15-20 non-sailing guests. Sounds like the feedback on Celebrity weddings is positive so far. Please post your opinion after the wedding.

Good luck and congratulations!

Liz... my daughter is getting married in December on the Zenith. We will have 30+ sailing and probably an addition 15-20 non-sailing guests. Sounds like the feedback on Celebrity weddings is positive so far. Please post your opinion after the wedding.

Good luck and congratulations!

As soon as we return, we will let everyone know!

Liz:o

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Will post pics when we return!

Liz

Onboard Mercury at Catalina!!

The Wedding Experience & Celebrity Mercurty did a fantastic job!

Everything was perfect!

I requested and received two lobster tails at dinner too!

Any Questions??????????????????????????

347209324tonelF_ph.jpg

Onboard Mercury at Catalina!!

The Wedding Experience & Celebrity Mercurty did a fantastic job!

Everything was perfect!

I requested and received two lobster tails at dinner too!

Any Questions??????????????????????????

347209324tonelF_ph.jpg

Link::http://community.webshots.com/photo/306407214/347209324tonelF

Archived