Victory Review web page

sallyb

My DH and I just finished a review of our 1-30 western Caribbean cruise on the Victory. We did a web page complete with pictures. You can view it by going to www.wessb.com and follow the Cruise link. Our review from last year's Destiny cruise is there also. We hope you enjoy it.:) Comments and questions are welcome.

We didn't go to the shows, but really liked the piano bar. The food was good, we ate in the dining room for dinner every day except Coz. The buffet lines were a little long at times, but we really didn't have much of a wait, except for omelettes at breakfast. They did have a midnight buffet one night but we were busy doing something else and only realized we were missing it when it was too late, so we ordered room service, which was good.

Tips for the Victory- find the door at the bow of the ship on decks 6, 7, and 9. The view is great and it was pretty private at times. We especially loved being above the bridge on 9.

Rawley, have a great cruise!

Thanks for the review. Your pictures of the ship are great......can hardly wait!!! Your pre-cruise night at the Wyndham.....did you do priceline for the room and could you say a little more about it. I am researching pre-cruise hotel stay. Thanks

Joan

Sail on......................

Joan,

We did get the room on Priceline, but it was a tough weekend to get a room in Miami because of the marathon. I really wanted to be downtown, but it couldn't be done for a reasonable price and I was not about to bid below a 3 star.Since we were coming in late at night, I figured we might as well stay at the airport anyway. We paid $66 for the Wyndham. They have an airport shuttle that runs every 15 minutes. The room was very nice and clean. They also have an excellent restaurant and bar. We walked the grounds in the morning before leaving for the ship. There is nothing nearby except the airport. A cab to the port cost $21.

Beachygirl,

The tour was through the ship, We booked it on funvision early on, since we knew we had time before our flight. It's $39 with transfer to FLL, which is quite a bargain, I think. That pic was one of my favorites, too!

Great website and thank you for sharing it with us! I looked through your Victory cruise. We're on the Glory in early April, so wanted to see Paradise Beach photos. Where was the hotel that you went to in Grand Cayman? Sorry to hear that there is still damage but from the looks of where you were, it was no evident at all. Thanks again!

mnsawyer,

We didn't go to a hotel in GC. My friend and her husband went to Seagrape Beach. I don't know what hotel that is in the background as we weren't there. I was trying to include everyone's adventures since they will not be doing a review. We went snorkeling and Stingray City.

Sally,

Great pictures! Everything looks so familiar. I think we must have done the same things everyday only with different tour guides. I had to laugh when I saw your pictures at paridise beach. I saw you at the bar that day and made a comment on your swimsuit. I had on the same one in the one piece version. Glad you had a good time. We did too!!!

Thank you for sharing your photos and review Sallyb! We sail on Victory on April 10th and can hardly wait! :) You also took many of the excursions we have booked so now instead of being quietly anxious we are out of our minds EXCITED! Thanks again!

P.S. ~ Your swimsuit is lovely, would you mind sharing where you found it?

justaddwater,

I remember you! We both have very good taste in swimsuits. I always get a lot of compliments on that one! We had so much fun at PB. I want to go back!

Pearly girl,

You will have a wonderful cruise! 30days!!!

The swimsuit is a Jantzen, I bought it last summer at an outlet type place, only $20!

Michelle,

I don't know which beach Shoretrips uses. Send them an email, all the tour people we booked with online were very willing to answer questions.

Archived