Boarding in Dubai

mrbluesea

I have a cruise starting from Dubai on the 9th Jan. The flight arrives at 7.45 (am) so I should get to the port about 9.30 (am) however boarding is not until 8pm. Are there any options to leave bags etc and then go into Dubai?:rolleyes: or is it just a case of waiting until the boarding time.

Any particular tips on cruising with costa also welcomed (only done P&O)

Thanks

Hi, I am going on the same cruise [same departure] and was wondering the same thing about boarding. It says 8pm but I have been reading about other people getting on this cruise in Dec from 4pm. I was also wondering when we must be off the ship on the last day and if there is a left luggage service on the last day if we have to disembark early in the day ... my flight is not until after midnight that night. Thanks guys!

Hi, we were on luminosa from 13 to 20 dec. Had a fabulous time, after much trepidation.

Regards boarding`: we were able to hand our luggage to costa as soon as we arrived. We kept our hand luggage, but I believe there is a facility to leave bags at the port. They started boarding from around 1 pm, although cabins were not ready until approx. 18.30 hrs. At the port Costa provided tea, coffee and sandwiches whilst you waited and also there is free internet and wi fi. Once on board we had access to buffet restaurant and bars and all other facilities.

Through our package we had the J2 drinks package. It really is good value even if you purchase it separately, as the drinks are so expensive. We had no problem getting pretty much anything we wanted...if anyone wants further info let me know.

We disembarked very early on the monday morning and went to straight to airport. Costa seem to have coming and goings over at least two days...some people leaving on Sun. pm...right up until Tues am. So you can stay on board until it is time for you to leave. I believe that if your departure was after 4 pm on the monday, you could actually keep your cabin as well. Have a fab time...we did!

• 1 month later...
just a quick question, i have booked the j2 package to travel in 2 weeks :) and wondered if it included the items on the chocolate bar and the mini bar and water in the room ...I have read conflicating review.

I personally would go directly to Costa and ask them what the J2 includes and get them to confirm it in writing and take that with you (one never knows if it will come in hand if you hit any problems).

Ron

Ron , I have visions of sleeping in the chocolate bar... if it is included..:) I have printed out the costaclick j2 package details.. see link

http://www.costaclick.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8DC6ED80-9D78-49AB-B71A-D905A015508E/19067/DrinksPackage_090710.pdf

but lots of people say COSTA are not honouring this??? ie water in cabin and mini bar soft drinks.. I just wondered what recent cruisers had experianced. I am not a big drinker.. so soft drinks,chocolate,speciality coffee are of interest to me.

The problem asking such questions here on CC is that you get a reply from soneone who had problems on a ship (i.e. new waiter who had not been properly informed) and people take it as gospel for the whole of the Costa fleet.

Do yas I said prevously, get it in write and if you hit a problem, go straight to trhe Customer Service desk.

I remember that you said you travel alone and now dreaming of sleeping in the chcocolate bar. Be careful, you paid for a single cabin but could end up paying for a double - all those extra pounds.;)

Ron

Archived