Am I wasting my hard earned dollar???????

jenpan

As an aside - I liked Carnival in general - their food and serive was, I thought, very good. But, the "drunk 20 something crowd" took away from the experience and the entertainment was, we thought, mediocre. Probably do another one someday, but not in a rush. Probably stick mostly with NCL and DCL.

Bob

As an aside to your aside, I have never tried Carnival for this very reason. Not anything scientific about the decision... noticing a rowdy crowd getting on a Carnival ship at port and rumrunners questions populating the Carnival board. It's good to see your post confirm my observations. Anybody else have first hand knowledge of the Carnival atmosphere on board?

As an aside to your aside, I have never tried Carnival for this very reason. Not anything scientific about the decision... noticing a rowdy crowd getting on a Carnival ship at port and rumrunners questions populating the Carnival board. It's good to see your post confirm my observations. Anybody else have first hand knowledge of the Carnival atmosphere on board?

I've cruised on Carnival as recently as last year and I can tell you it's NOT the party ship that people make it out to be.

I completely disagree with people using these rumrunners and smuggling alcohol onbard (don't cruise if you can't afford it) but I think it's more for having a drink while in their rooms. It takes a lot more time to go back and forth to your room to get a drink than drink at the bar.

Having said that, I can almost guarantee it won't be a party ship. The only times where you would find a party atmosphere is during spring break (the month of March) or if there's a large group booked. This will be the case for any cruiseline.

I've cruised on Carnival as recently as last year and I can tell you it's NOT the party ship that people make it out to be.

I completely disagree with people using these rumrunners and smuggling alcohol onbard (don't cruise if you can't afford it) but I think it's more for having a drink while in their rooms. It takes a lot more time to go back and forth to your room to get a drink than drink at the bar.

Having said that, I can almost guarantee it won't be a party ship. The only times where you would find a party atmosphere is during spring break (the month of March) or if there's a large group booked. This will be the case for any cruiseline.

I think whether Carnival is a party ship or not depends on more than just a week or two in the fall, but the ship, the length of the cruise and what one considers a party ship. Comapred to past years, you are right, Carniaval isn't the party line it used to be, but it still attracts a younger and more active crowd. Just read about how much those that cruise CArnival like the pool games, the late night life and yes, the drinking crowd. This is not a bad thing, all lines need a personality to make them different, Carnival fits one type of cruiser, HAL another and so on. You are right, people do not need to think there will be a party going on contantly, but the late nights will be more prevelant on Carnival than other lines.

Nita

Archived