Just back from the Allure New Years cruise

Got off the ship this morning. We were in our car and on the road by 7:55am, unfortunately at about 8:45, I realized that I left one of my bags at the terminal. Was able to get it! The man with RCI was a little frustrated as he couldn't believe how many people did the same thing today. He said usually one or two people forget a bag but today he said I was about the 15th person. There was another man there with me who did the same thing. The man with RCI walked us into the terminal so we could both thankfully retrieve our forgotten luggage.

I don't know why I feel this way. Maybe I am just tired from New Year's Eve, packing late last night, up EARLY this morning and the longer than usual drive to Port Richey, FL but I think for my next cruise I would prefer a smaller ship where I am not tempted by all of the activities that I shouldn't miss out on. I really regret that I didn't take more time to sit in a quiet place, listen to the waves and read a good book. Oh well. Being on the Allure is like doing Disney, you really have to pace yourself. There is soooo much to do that you just have to accept that you can't do everything. It can be exhausting. I went on the Oasis last year and had a great time. Will write a review as soon as I arrive home in a couple of days.

Welcome back. I've been silently checking in all day to see if you posted a review. We board the ship next weekend and I am already stressed just thinking about all the things we already have reserved. We are traveling with our DD who is 3. Can't wait to get all the tips! Thanks in advance.

Welcome back. I've been silently checking in all day to see if you posted a review. We board the ship next weekend and I am already stressed just thinking about all the things we already have reserved. We are traveling with our DD who is 3. Can't wait to get all the tips! Thanks in advance.

I think that is what happened to me, I stressed myself out trying to see and eat, lol, as much as possible. Sometimes I indulged in the food so much that in the evening I am embarrassed to say, I didn't feel well and I was wiped out. My daughter is 9, but for your daughter I would recommend the parade, character dining experience, the boardwalk in general but especially the carousel. The pool area for kids is also nice. The parades for the Dec 26 cruise were day 2 in the afternoon and day 7 at 7:45. It's the same both times but I went twice because we really liked it. The character dining was I'm pretty sure, day 3 which I've heard was Madacasgar and we went day 7 which was Shrek. We really liked it. Got to take pictures with three different characters. Your daughter may also like the ice skating show. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be driving home most of the days but I'll get online at night.

Ok. I figured out how to post some pictures. Lol. I have many many more. I will post some of the more interesting ones over the next few days. Glad to share them with you all here.

THANKS!

So did you ever feel overwhelmed, being in such a big ship?

THANKS!

So did you ever feel overwhelmed, being in such a big ship?

No. I did hate having to go to the other side of the ship for Adventure Ocean. It is forward on the ship and we were third cabin from the back. Often we would take the elevator down to Central Park or the Royal Promenade and then once on the other side take it back up to deck 14. Sometimes I would just walk on my floor, 11, when I didn't want the stimulation of Central Park or the Promenade. It can be hard walking past Sorrentos or the Promenade Cafe and not get something to eat. Lol. I don't miss the temptation of the free pastries at Cafe Mondo on the Oasis now that that is a Starbucks on Allure and the pastries are not free. Anyway, it was quite a walk from one end of the ship to the other but not overwhelming. I couldn't appreciate the size until I looked at it from the outside.

Trying to attach more photos but I am getting a message that a security token was missing. :( Is there a limit to the number of photos you can attach in a day? Frustrating.

No. I did hate having to go to the other side of the ship for Adventure Ocean. It is forward on the ship and we were third cabin from the back. Often we would take the elevator down to Central Park or the Royal Promenade and then once on the other side take it back up to deck 14. Sometimes I would just walk on my floor, 11, when I didn't want the stimulation of Central Park or the Promenade. It can be hard walking past Sorrentos or the Promenade Cafe and not get something to eat. Lol. I don't miss the temptation of the free pastries at Cafe Mondo on the Oasis now that that is a Starbucks on Allure and the pastries are not free. Anyway, it was quite a walk from one end of the ship to the other but not overwhelming. I couldn't appreciate the size until I looked at it from the outside.

Trying to attach more photos but I am getting a message that a security token was missing. :( Is there a limit to the number of photos you can attach in a day? Frustrating.

Hummmm, I'm not sure on that error.

Thanks for the notes, what are your must dos and can miss?

If you have kids, the parade, character breakfast and boardwalk are not to be missed. If you are into sports I recommend reserving a flowrider lesson. It is with 7 others for and hour and is $60 or just go on the flowrider with out a lesson. I need the lesson. Do the zip line and the rock climbing wall. If you like to take a walk and enjoy the ocean, do the track on deck 5, the sky deck on deck 14 forward and the public aqua theater balconies on decks 12, 11 and 10. Definitely have a drink on the rising tide bar and stroll through and dine in Central Park. That is just off the top of my head. :)

If you have kids, the parade, character breakfast and boardwalk are not to be missed. If you are into sports I recommend reserving a flowrider lesson. It is with 7 others for and hour and is $60 or just go on the flowrider with out a lesson. I need the lesson. Do the zip line and the rock climbing wall. If you like to take a walk and enjoy the ocean, do the track on deck 5, the sky deck on deck 14 forward and the public aqua theater balconies on decks 12, 11 and 10. Definitely have a drink on the rising tide bar and stroll through and dine in Central Park. That is just off the top of my head. :)

Thanks for the suggestions! Will be taking my son who is 14, along with my wife. This is our 2nd cruise and my sons 1st. Def looking forward to it but was worried about things for my son to do as my wife loved cruising the last time....

Thanks for the suggestions! Will be taking my son who is 14, along with my wife. This is our 2nd cruise and my sons 1st. Def looking forward to it but was worried about things for my son to do as my wife loved cruising the last time....

Oh I think your son will have a blast with the zip line, flowrider, etc. The teen club looks nice. The teens I saw on the ship looked like they were having a good time.

I think that is what happened to me, I stressed myself out trying to see and eat, lol, as much as possible. Sometimes I indulged in the food so much that in the evening I am embarrassed to say, I didn't feel well and I was wiped out. My daughter is 9, but for your daughter I would recommend the parade, character dining experience, the boardwalk in general but especially the carousel. The pool area for kids is also nice. The parades for the Dec 26 cruise were day 2 in the afternoon and day 7 at 7:45. It's the same both times but I went twice because we really liked it. The character dining was I'm pretty sure, day 3 which I've heard was Madacasgar and we went day 7 which was Shrek. We really liked it. Got to take pictures with three different characters. Your daughter may also like the ice skating show. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be driving home most of the days but I'll get online at night.

Thanks so much for the information. I am very excited based on everything that you are telling me and I will try not to indulge too much in the food...haha...I have that problem too. Safe trip home!!

Thanks so much for the information. I am very excited based on everything that you are telling me and I will try not to indulge too much in the food...haha...I have that problem too. Safe trip home!!

Thanks. I weighed myself yesterday and gained about 7-8 pounds. :( Oh well, at least everyone is focused on dieting now. It's funny I still feel like the room I am in is moving even though I got off the ship two days ago. Lol.

Thanks. I weighed myself yesterday and gained about 7-8 pounds. :( Oh well, at least everyone is focused on dieting now. It's funny I still feel like the room I am in is moving even though I got off the ship two days ago. Lol.

/

Funny as my wife had the same feeling after our last cruise. How was the ship smooth sailing, did you feel rocking?? Just curious as with a ship this big either rocking like crazy or smooth sailing..

/

Funny as my wife had the same feeling after our last cruise. How was the ship smooth sailing, did you feel rocking?? Just curious as with a ship this big either rocking like crazy or smooth sailing..

Definately felt rocking especially the first evening, leaving Port Everglades and heading towards Nassau which we didn't dock at because of the rough seas. I didn't mind it. It reminded me that I was on a ship. My mother did start feeling a little nauseous the morning/afternoon of day two. Oh, and I thought it was relaxing at night in bed. It felt like I was being rocked to sleep. Probably not fun with a hang over though. Lol. We were on deck 11 three cabins from the back of the ship, so I guess we would especially feel movement. I felt movement everywhere on the ship though, not a lot just enough to feel like you were at sea. Home now so I shall get my thoughts together and write a review of my experiences.

Did you happen to be in cabin 11725? I am in that cabin on Jan 30th. Did you like it? Did you watch the show from your balcony? I am so excited. I hope its not that rough when I go, not to fond of rocking and rolling! lol

I was in 11723 right next store. Lol. My mom and dad watched the show from the balcony but I went right down there. My daughter went down ahead of me right as the 7:30 day 3 show was starting and got a seat in the splash zone. I couldn't find anything else so I sat in the third row of the splash zone seats. It was a great spot!! I didn't get wet, was right there in the front and could see every pulsing muscle on the two acrobats, (All I say about them is wow!!!) and I didn't have to waste time in the stand by line to get a seat. I highly recommend that location. Only thing was that there was no support for your back, there are just benches in the splash zone. I went again to the 9:30 show that night and loved it both times. I am just amazed by their abilities. Maybe I was just tired because it was day 7 in 5pm in the afternoon of Jan 1 and I had a little hang over, lol, but I didn't get into Blue Planet as much as I did Ocean Aria.

You can also go to the public aqua theater balconies at the end of the hall and watch the show. Actually that is what my mom did. There are public balconies on decks 12, 11 and I think 10 as well unless that is private. I can't remember now. Lol.

Archived