Mobile low cost hotel?

firefly333

Microtel says $119.99!!! yikes. I had expected less. Its just a 5 day cruise. They said $60 extra for shuttle and parking.

Anyone have some ideas under $100. I dont care how far from the port as I will be having a long drive from Dallas, so probably wouldnt have time to look around anyway on arrival. Dont care about the sights to see.

What time frame are you looking at? Hotel prices here increase greatly during Mardi Gras which is late this year ( March 8 ). Try the Tillman's Corner area. There are several newer chain hotels next to the interstate there. It is only a few miles from the port. You could also try the Moss Point/Pascagoula exit from I-10 (exit 69) as there are several hotels and restaurants there. That area would be approx. 30-40 min drive for you to the port.

Try the Wingate by Wyndham in Tillmans Corner. It may be listed as Bellingrath Gardens or some such nonsense, even though it's not really close. It's exit 15 on I-10 so would be really convenient coming in from Texas. About a 20-30 minute ride to the port, all interstate. I read on here about someone getting park and cruise for $89. Actually anything in Tillmans Corner would be convenient for you. I don't know which ones would have shuttle to the port though. I know Holiday Inn Bellingrath used to offer a park and cruise package, also in Tillman's Corner.

Wingate by Wyndham

5190 Motel Court

Mobile, AL36619US

Phone: 251-661-9099

google search hotels in tillmans corner al

Try the Wingate by Wyndham in Tillmans Corner. It may be listed as Bellingrath Gardens or some such nonsense, even though it's not really close. It's exit 15 on I-10 so would be really convenient coming in from Texas. About a 20-30 minute ride to the port, all interstate. I read on here about someone getting park and cruise for $89. Actually anything in Tillmans Corner would be convenient for you. I don't know which ones would have shuttle to the port though. I know Holiday Inn Bellingrath used to offer a park and cruise package, also in Tillman's Corner.

Wingate by Wyndham

5190 Motel Court

Mobile, AL36619US

Phone: 251-661-9099

google search hotels in tillmans corner al

True their park n cruise is $89, but both wingate's parking is extra on their park n cruise. Kind of defeats the purpose. I was hoping to get under $100 including parking.

http://www.mobile.org/packages.php

Wingate by Wyndham

*Pre and Post Park & Cruise Rate: $89.00 single or $99.00 double plus 14% tax

Parking is $10.00 per day per vehicle.

Wingate by Wyndham- I-10/ Bellingrath Gardens

*Pre and Post Park & Cruise Rate: $79.00 single or queens plus 14% tax.
Add $50.00 per vehicle for parking while on cruise and round-trip shuttle to and from cruise terminal.

Tot the poster asking about time frame, that might be a issue as the cruise ends the day before mardi gras starts officially and this hotel says its the center for your mardi gras party. I think mardi gras is affecting prices possibly too, but the mobile bay options seem to have gone up that include parking.

So far Mobile Bay Adventure Inn is the cheapest, at $109 for their cruise option.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30709-d553405-Reviews-Mobile_Bay_Adventure_Inn-Mobile_Alabama.html

and as you can see reviews are pretty bad. But Ill just need a bed, after driving 12 hours from Dallas. I got a room for now for $60 and they say parking is $8 a day during the cruise and its within walking distance of the port. The $109 option includes a shuttle I think they said. Its just me. 3 story walk up in downtown port area. I can look around for the $7 a day parking lot mentioned in other posts.

I was hoping to find a better/cheaper option ..might try priceline again. I know this hotel wouldnt be the ritz.

Finally found a direct link to the hotel, google gave me every hotel site selling hotels. It also looks to me like you can just walk over from the maps and distance. Anyone from CC ever stay here?

http://www.mobilebayadventureinns.com/Inn_Specials.html

Book your Carnival Cruise with Carnival and then book your overnight stay at Mobile Bay Adventure Inn for $109.00

You get the following with this special:

* Room for up to 4

* Ride to and from the cruise port

* Park your auto with us for the Cruise you are on.

Tot the poster asking about time frame, that might be a issue as the cruise ends the day before mardi gras starts officially and this hotel says its the center for your mardi gras party.

We must be on the same cruise! We will be driving in from Georgia. I have been searching for a hotel for several days. I was considering trying Priceline, also. I'm beginning to think that my expectations are too high for the price I'd like to pay!

Finally found a direct link to the hotel, google gave me every hotel site selling hotels. It also looks to me like you can just walk over from the maps and distance. Anyone from CC ever stay here?

http://www.mobilebayadventureinns.com/Inn_Specials.html

Book your Carnival Cruise with Carnival and then book your overnight stay at Mobile Bay Adventure Inn for $109.00

You get the following with this special:

* Room for up to 4

* Ride to and from the cruise port

* Park your auto with us for the Cruise you are on.

That hotel is across the street from the Mobile Civic Center and is not far from the Terminal (just on the other side of I-10). It was a chain hotel up until a year or so ago (can't remember which one) and it is very popular at Mardi Gras with the Krewe members since the parades start from the Civic Center so it is the closest hotel for them. It isn't great but your car should be safe there, it is right by the interstate. There aren't many options to eat close but since you have your car you could go out to Government St, through the tunnel and find many good seafood restaurants on the Causeway there. You might also try the Microtel Hotel in Saraland, AL which is just north of Mobile.http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30824-d1147159-Reviews-Microtel_Inn_Suites_Saraland_Mobile_Area-Saraland_Alabama.html They also offer a park/cruise package and I have seen their van downtown when they were dropping off passengers.

The $7 a day parking lot is a couple of blocks from the Civic Center on Government St.

Tot the poster asking about time frame, that might be a issue as the cruise ends the day before mardi gras starts officially and this hotel says its the center for your mardi gras party.

We must be on the same cruise! We will be driving in from Georgia. I have been searching for a hotel for several days. I was considering trying Priceline, also. I'm beginning to think that my expectations are too high for the price I'd like to pay!

If you are going to traveling down I-65 you might try this hotel. They have a park/cruise special and have good reviews. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30824-d1147159-Reviews-Microtel_Inn_Suites_Saraland_Mobile_Area-Saraland_Alabama.html

That hotel is across the street from the Mobile Civic Center and is not far from the Terminal (just on the other side of I-10). It was a chain hotel up until a year or so ago (can't remember which one) and it is very popular at Mardi Gras with the Krewe members since the parades start from the Civic Center so it is the closest hotel for them. It isn't great but your car should be safe there, it is right by the interstate. There aren't many options to eat close but since you have your car you could go out to Government St, through the tunnel and find many good seafood restaurants on the Causeway there. You might also try the Microtel Hotel in Saraland, AL which is just north of Mobile.http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30824-d1147159-Reviews-Microtel_Inn_Suites_Saraland_Mobile_Area-Saraland_Alabama.html They also offer a park/cruise package and I have seen their van downtown when they were dropping off passengers.

The $7 a day parking lot is a couple of blocks from the Civic Center on Government St.

If you are going to traveling down I-65 you might try this hotel. They have a park/cruise special and have good reviews. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30824-d1147159-Reviews-Microtel_Inn_Suites_Saraland_Mobile_Area-Saraland_Alabama.html

My first post was that I checked microtel at Saraland and was surprised at the price of $119.99 .. too much for just me to spend a night... thats why I started the thread, was looking for something under $100.

thanks for the information on the mobile bay adventure inn .... across I10?? Hmmmm. so could I walk or not do you think?? I am a pretty good walking but not going to walk across I 10?

Should I change to the $109 cruise special which includes a shuttle>

My first post was that I checked microtel at Saraland and was surprised at the price of $119.99 .. too much for just me to spend a night... thats why I started the thread, was looking for something under $100.

thanks for the information on the mobile bay adventure inn .... across I10?? Hmmmm. so could I walk or not do you think?? I am a pretty good walking but not going to walk across I 10?

You'd be walking under I-10. It's all elevated in front of the cruise terminal. There actually used to be a crosswalk over the interstate somewhere along there, but it looked "structurally deficient" to me years ago. I'm not even sure it's still there. It's amazing what you DON'T see when you drive past it all the time!

You'd be walking under I-10. It's all elevated in front of the cruise terminal. There actually used to be a crosswalk over the interstate somewhere along there, but it looked "structurally deficient" to me years ago. I'm not even sure it's still there. It's amazing what you DON'T see when you drive past it all the time!

You are right, Iv driven down I10 between florida and texas quite a few times but not real clear where the port actually is, but the hotel has a map. I may stick with what i got. Its only a 5 day, so I will only have the one carry on. Solo cruise.

thanks. It sounds like I can walk to the port then. I think Ill just keep what I have and when I get there I can figure out the parking, if I want to pay the hotel $8 X 5 days or find the $7 a day parking lot to move to.

Sorry, didn't notice that price. The Adventure Inn is across the Interstate but there is an overpass there that you would walk under. I don't remember if there is a sidewalk there or not.

If it were me I would take the shuttle for two reasons. Mainly because the weather here is so unpredictable at that time of year and it rains frequently and that area holds water. Also, if you are by yourself I wouldn't walk it even though it is not far. The Sheriff's Dept. and County Jail is also right by I-10 in that area and there are all kinds of bail bonds offices right by where you would have to walk if that would bother you.

Below I attached a photo that I marked up that might give you an idea of where things are. You can see the terminal to the right and I marked the area of the hotel you are looking at to the left. As you can see it isn't that far but the Interstate is between them.

Mobile Map.pdf

Sorry, didn't notice that price. The Adventure Inn is across the Interstate but there is an overpass there that you would walk under. I don't remember if there is a sidewalk there or not.

If it were me I would take the shuttle for two reasons. Mainly because the weather here is so unpredictable at that time of year and it rains frequently and that area holds water. Also, if you are by yourself I wouldn't walk it even though it is not far. The Sheriff's Dept. and County Jail is also right by I-10 in that area and there are all kinds of bail bonds offices right by where you would have to walk if that would bother you.

Below I attached a photo that I marked up that might give you an idea of where things are. You can see the terminal to the right and I marked the area of the hotel you are looking at to the left. As you can see it isn't that far but the Interstate is between them.

Not to change the subject, but have you seen the bail bonds company down there that advertises a 10% discount if you use their credit card? How sorry would you have to be to need their services enough to think that getting their credit card was a good idea?!!

Iv never cruised out of Mobile, so havent seen the signs. Some mentioned a $7 a day parking lot, near Radisson? Is it closer to walk to the port? I could move my car the morning of the cruise.

Iv walked into town in Montego Bay in Jamaica, but it didnt scare me, I lived in Hawaii for 10 years, so after those titas there, not much scares me. I walked into town in other ports too, where people act like Iv lost my mind. I think most people dont walk much?? I think if you act like you are walking with a purpose, people seem to leave you alone.

Iv never cruised out of Mobile, so havent seen the signs. Some mentioned a $7 a day parking lot, near Radisson? Is it closer to walk to the port? I could move my car the morning of the cruise.

Iv walked into town in Montego Bay in Jamaica, but it didnt scare me, I lived in Hawaii for 10 years, so after those titas there, not much scares me. I walked into town in other ports too, where people act like Iv lost my mind. I think most people dont walk much?? I think if you act like you are walking with a purpose, people seem to leave you alone.

The county parking garage is directly behind what used to be the Radisson. It used to be if you paid for the parking at the hotel desk, they would also shuttle you over to the terminal. Either way it's only about a 10-15 minute walk. The hotel had a parking contract with the county to use the garage. Since it's changed ownership, I don't know if that arrangement is still in place. The former number for the Radisson was 251-432-8000. You could try that number for the hotel to ask about it. Like I said, it's changed owership so the number may have changed as well, but I doubt it. There is also the free Moda trolley that runs around downtown with a stop at the cruise terminal. If you catch it behind the county parking garage, though, I think you would have to ride it the entire loop around downtown before it got to the terminal. I think it only runs clockwise around downtown because of those vile one way streets. Good luck!

Some people have a problem with things like that, it wouldn't bother me to walk through there either. If you notice in the picture towards the bottom (middle) you can see lots of White Things in a parking lot. This picture was obviously taken during Mardi Gras. Those are RV's and Campers that people bring downtown to stay in during Mardi Gras and they bring them down at least a week before the parades start which is for downtown the Conde Cavaliers parade on Friday 2/18/11. If you are that close to Mardi Gras they will probably be there and so there will be more traffic/people in the area at that time.

The $7 per day parking is further away from the port than the hotel you were considering. If you look at the PDF of the map that I posted in the upper left hand corner next to the controls for the map there is Church St. The old Radisson hotel is off the map just north of there on Government St. There is an open parking lot across the street there that should be the same price.

Some people have a problem with things like that, it wouldn't bother me to walk through there either. If you notice in the picture towards the bottom (middle) you can see lots of White Things in a parking lot. This picture was obviously taken during Mardi Gras. Those are RV's and Campers that people bring downtown to stay in during Mardi Gras. If you are that close to Mardi Gras they will probably be there and so there will be more traffic/people in the area at that time.

The $7 per day parking is further away from the port than the hotel you were considering. If you look at the PDF of the map that I posted in the upper left hand corner next to the controls for the map there is Church St. The old Radisson hotel is off the map just north of there on Governmnet St. There is an open parking lot across the street there that should be the same price.

Im actually booked at the hotel...just its hard to tell how far on the map, though its a great map, thanks. You know how it is the first time you leave from a port. Im so used to Galveston and New Orleans, but this is a little further, but the deal was well worth it. Adventure ... it sounds like the hotel will be a adventure. Two reviews on hotels . com site mentioned wierd residents lol. Well, I like interesting. So, keeping the hotel booking. thanks

Not to change the subject, but have you seen the bail bonds company down there that advertises a 10% discount if you use their credit card? How sorry would you have to be to need their services enough to think that getting their credit card was a good idea?!!

I'm not surprised that they do that. Obviously they are doing a lot of business there. Since you mentioned it I haven't noticed if that old raised walkway is still there and I drive through there every day back and forth to work. I will try to remember to look on my way home tonight.

Im actually booked at the hotel...just its hard to tell how far on the map, though its a great map, thanks. You know how it is the first time you leave from a port. Im so used to Galveston and New Orleans, but this is a little further, but the deal was well worth it. Adventure ... it sounds like the hotel will be a adventure. Two reviews on hotels . com site mentioned wierd residents lol. Well, I like interesting. So, keeping the hotel booking. thanks

Your welcome. I would guess the distance at about 1/4 mile from that hotel to the terminal. I was editing my post as you posted this.

Finally found a direct link to the hotel, google gave me every hotel site selling hotels.

When it comes to online hotel searchers I don't recommend google. Some information on google maps are misleading, others just plain fake (posted by marketers and people who get paid for adding a good opinion)! So you're never sure where you end up. Try momoway.com/hotels in the future. You can search for hotels in a selected area, get feedback on the standards, prices and book in advance on-line.

We went out of mobile twice now, and I have to say if you can call the hotel directly at the Reinassance Riverview, Mobile and ask for the park and cruise package it is $129 and request a room with a window of the cruise terminal. Awesome! My husband and daughter were like kids at Christmas waking up and seeing the ship outside the window! You will pay $80 for parking if you drive to port and wait in the hour long car lane or pay $129 for room and free parking, front curbside shuttle right to check in. Worth the price by far. Doing this in New Orleans at the Hampton Inn Februay 2011. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived