2006 Cruises~

Welcome!

Your question has been often in the last 3-4 months. Everyone speculates and no one knows the answer . . . maybe mid-March or maybe mid-April? However, I found this cruise critic member to be the MOST helpful:

I booked my Oct. 2005 BOS cruise (Greek Isles 12 day) on April 2, 2004. I know I was watching for it to release so I'm sure that I booked the cruise either the day the schedule came out or a day later. I wanted a "hump" cabin (and got it!).

I assume they will release the 2006 schedule about the same time frame.

When I was on the AOS I went to see the Cruise Critic personnel to book for July 06. She informed not for 8 weeks. I was on 02/06 - 02/13. I have already contacted my travel agent to keep her eyes open as we are planning a Mediterran cruise for late July 06. Keep looking at RCI website...never know when they will post. I know that Princess has not posted either. I am open to whomever has the best price and best ports.

Cheers.

I agree . . . why are they waiting so long? People are ready! Many cruises (like the Hawaii ones you mention) are less than a year away! I'm also anxious for Celebrity and Princess to release more info. I'm looking into a Greek Isles cruise for May 2006, but it all depends on port of call and price. I'm hoping RCI and Celebrity can match Princess's great itineraries since I'm a Crown & Anchor member and would like to stick to RCI/Celebrity.

What really do you get as a Crown & Anchor member...coupons..yippy...a free evening with invitation that they don't even check your invitation and something in your room.

We received toiletrie bags...2nd cruise with RCI, met some people that were on their 16th cruise with RCI and they received a key chain...

We couldn't book our next cruise on the ship too far off..the man in front of us couldn't book his as there was no availability for January 06, so they couldn't do anything for him either.

There was no C&A line in San Juan for faster boarding, even though it didn't matter we got on very quickly....you get coupons in the quarterly magazine that you may or may not be able to use....if you receive the magazine at all.

My thoughts!

London, Canada ~ It's funny that you s hould mention the C&A membership, this is what I was basing my next trip on besides the fact my first cruise was on NOS. I thought they did so much more? And I really would like to book a year in advance??? :rolleyes:

I may have to go Carnival?

• 2 weeks later...

RCI has 2006 cruises available through late April. The website is a tease - the "date range" pulldown menu goes through late 2007, but no cruises are actually available yet. It tells me that it's coming soon, though.

Don't knock the C&A perks - some of those in-room coupons have some real cash value to them. Plus, once you reach Platinum status on RCI, you get a discount of $50-200 per balcony cabin depending on the length of the cruise. Once you are Diamond, I think you double that amount, you get priority tendering (you get priority embarkation & debarkation plus your own private debarkation lounge with refreshment at P & D level) and you have use of the fabled Concierge Club on those ships that offer it (Radiance and Voyager class ships, plus the post-stretch Enchantment). There is also a special Diamond & Platinum event on every cruise (and they did check our invitations). On Monarch, it was a cocktail party with really good hors d'ouevres and whatever you wanted from the bar, not just the too-sweet champagne and scary mixed drinks offered at the welcome back party.

I want to book for October 2006 -- my 40th birthday! I've been checking the website almost daily, and I've called a couple times. The answers I receive tell me that they have no clue: last summer they told me those dates would certainly open in October, then they said December -January, then they said mid-March for sure, now they're saying June.

I think it is tied into the new Freedom ship, but I can't understand the logic of not opening up those dates! Some people will certainly book on other lines (or choose other styles of vacations altogether) rather than continue to wait. To my untrained eye, it looks like foolishness NOT to open those dates. I mean, I'm sitting here with my deposit, ready to hand over cash money -- why won't they take it?

I think maybe one of the reasons they are taking so long in putting up next year's schedule is that once FOS joins the fleet there will be some major shuffling around of ships. We want to book Canada/NE for next October, so I've been watching the RCL site. Hopefully we'll be able to book while we're on the Serenade in September.

Anybody else think this could be it?

How was the Grandeur and when did you go? Do you a review posted anyplace?? Worried that I might be disappointed after sailing on the Navigator. Thanks!

wow.......compared to the Navigator, I'm not sure.........I loved the Grandeur - ship was just big enough for us........all of the staff went out of their way to make us feel like we were staying at a 5***** hotel.........food met our approval - I've traveled quite a bit and my husband is very picky..........of course, it's been 2 yrs since our cruise, but overall, I would cruise on her again.........we just got a great deal on the Splendour this time and we're traveling when our daughter is on Christmas break......

I also try to avoid the Florida departures - can drive to NO and Galveston, so I guess I'm limited in my selection until they move one of the larger ships to those ports.........:)

I think RCI has come up with a nice mix when it comes to the ships it offers ........something for everyone.........:)

Sharlene

We are booking a cruise on the Navigator for Jan. 7th. Going through AAA.

My problem right now is that my family is going with me and I'm going in a solo

room right now - but decided to go for the balcony. This is the first time for me.

What does C&A mean?

Judy

new2cruise1

Archived