Explorer of the Seas

JPVENDING

We are booked on the Explorer October 23rd.

If it goes into "dry dock" the end of Sept, does that mean "dry dock" only last a few weeks? I would have thought it would be "out for a face lift" for several months?:confused:

People, the EXPLORER and all RCI ships are ALWAYS "nice and fresh". They are CONSTANTLY cleaning, repairing, and replacing things!!! I can't understand why so many people think nothing gets done unless they drydock a ship??? :confused:

When a ship goes into drydock it's for MAJOR mechanical maintenance, and mainly for scraping and painting the hull. Drydocking is for things they CAN'T do while a ship is in service! And drydocking doesn't last weeks, it's only for a few days to a week or two to inspect, scrap, and paint the underwater bits, as well as any repairs to those areas that need to be done.

Carpeting, beds, furnishings, etc. are all replaced while the ship is IN service, during cruises! Unless a ship is scheduled for something MAJOR like the Enchantment is going in for, or the major refurbishment that the Sovereign received in December it's unlikely that you'll notice much difference before and after the drydocking.

We are booked on the Explorer October 23rd.

If it goes into "dry dock" the end of Sept, does that mean "dry dock" only last a few weeks? I would have thought it would be "out for a face lift" for several months?:confused:

She goes in to dry-dock on Sept 25 for one week. I'm booked on October 2 and have already checked with RCL.

People, the EXPLORER and all RCI ships are ALWAYS "nice and fresh". They are CONSTANTLY cleaning, repairing, and replacing things!!! I can't understand why so many people think nothing gets done unless they drydock a ship???

Very, very well said.

The ship will be fine.

Archived