Snorkeling in Belize/Bannister Island

newlyweds06

Hey,

I am looking to do some snorkeling in Belize but also was hoping to spend some time relaxing at Bannister Island. My initial plan was to do the snorkeling/bannister beach break with Coral Breeze but I have since read that the tender time to the tourist village (where you meet the tour) can be quite timely.

Would I be better off doing the RCCI tour to bannister island and finding a private company to do snorkeling with once on the island? I'm a bit hesitant as I don't know which companies will offer it but I will avoid the tender process as I go right to Bannister from the boat.

Any advice or experience with these would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also considering Geof's Caye with IM

There's no private companies offering snorkeling off B.I or GC. When the ship excursion goes there, they open it up for the excursion. When you leave, they pack up and go home. B.I. and GC are just a small specks of sand, half of which got blow away in the storms over the late summer early fall. You'll need to pick one excursion or the other or an excursion tha combines both. If that's only via a private vendor then you need to find out from the vendor what the transportation situation is like and if it can accomodate the times you'll be in port. Remember, the last tender to your ship is usually an hour before departure time. And you'll need to find out if your ship is on port time or the time at the port of your original embarcation.

according to Banister Island's website and other cc posts snorkeling is offered at BI for $20pp when you get there.

Yes that's true, but it's not a choice of separate vendors. I assumed you meant finding a separate vendor for the snorkeling once on the island. It's just a separate charge by the Bannister Isalnd folks, not part of the excursion package cost.

• 2 months later...

Newlyweds,

We are on Liberty at the end of the March. How was the ship? Was it cool when at sea?

Also was Bannister/snorkeling enjoyable?

Lastly, any problems with the tethering in Belize?

Thanks,

Archived