Progreso Beach Bars.

cruzelovr

Have a stop in Progreso on my next cruise and was just planning to do a beach day. Wondered which of the bars along the Malecon had the best prices (beers and boat drinks). Can you drink right on the street/beach or do you need to be under the palapas I see in the pictures.

Thanks.

The prices are pretty much the same at all the bars. 2 or 3 bucks for a beer and 3 to 5 for margaritas. It is ok to carry your drinks around the water front area. If going inland it is not appreciated by the locals. There are also several bars just before you get to the beach that have $1 beers and two for one specials. As the day progreses the tequila starts to flow with free shots at most of the bars. Enjoy and don't miss the ship.;)

Not only can you drink on the beach, but you can sit at the waters edge and your waiter will bring you your drink! He will keep the drinks supplied for you. They have these curved lounge/chair/thingys that you can lay back on and enjoy life...just be ready to be approached by local vendors selling their wares. They seem to bother some of the posters on here...but to me they are just part of it...just folks trying to make a buck...no big deal. A simple Gracias,No will do the trick...or is it No,Gracias? Guess either way they get the idea.

Archived