Carnival Pride Help

If anyone has gotten married on the Pride can you post some pictures of your wedding? I was hoping to get married in David's Steakhouse but just found out Canival doesnt allow for weddings or receptions in the steakhouse. :(

Ā 

"Unfortunately, we are not able to perform ceremonies or receptions in the Steakhouse."

Ā 

I have sailed the Pride before and am not in love with the decor of the ship. Not sure what to do now....:confused:

My understanding is that most cruise line don't do weddings in their restaurants, and especially not the speciality ones. Even if you booked the sit-down lunch you would have the ceremony in one place and the lunch in one of their main dining rooms.

Ā 

Ā 

Here is one site with a few picture of some of the ships public spaces:

http://www.cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-PRIDE-PHOTO-GALLERY.HTM

Ā 

I also find youtube.com helpful as people often video tape places they've gone and posted it on there. Below is just one of the things I found when I put Carnival Pride in their search engine. Someone touring the ship:

Ā 

Hopefully there will be someone here with a first hand account who can help you!

Our daughter is getting married next week on the Pride. The ceremony will be in the chapel and the reception will be in the Ivory Piano Bar. Will post a few pictures if I can figure out how when we get back!

Ā 

Oh thank you soo much! I would love to see some pictures! How many will be attending her wedding? I hear the chapel cant hold alot of people. :confused:

Ā 

I use the website photobucket up put pictures on here. You upload your pictures to that site and they give you a link to paste to another site. That will be your pictures :) (Hope that made sense)

My understanding is that most cruise line don't do weddings in their restaurants, and especially not the speciality ones. Even if you booked the sit-down lunch you would have the ceremony in one place and the lunch in one of their main dining rooms.

Ā 

Ā 

Here is one site with a few picture of some of the ships public spaces:

http://www.cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-PRIDE-PHOTO-GALLERY.HTM

Ā 

I also find youtube.com helpful as people often video tape places they've gone and posted it on there. Below is just one of the things I found when I put Carnival Pride in their search engine. Someone touring the ship:

Ā 

Hopefully there will be someone here with a first hand account who can help you!

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for the information. :)

Ā 

Its amazing what the right angle/lighting can do for a picture. The link that has the pictures of the Pride depict the atrium brighter than is really is. ;)

Ā 

I will definitly check out youtube to see if there are any weddings there.

I'm getting married on the Pride on Feb 20th and have been searching for pics on here since I booked it:) I'll post when I get back - hope it's not too late for you. I'll prob be getting married in the chapel too as we have about 20 people. I was told no more than 35 including bride and groom to have the chapel.

Thank you for the information. :)

Ā 

Its amazing what the right angle/lighting can do for a picture. The link that has the pictures of the Pride depict the atrium brighter than is really is. ;)

Ā 

I will definitly check out youtube to see if there are any weddings there.

Ā 

No problem.

I think it will all be better than the pictures anyhow, it's just the not knowing that's scary!

I'm getting married on the Pride on Feb 20th and have been searching for pics on here since I booked it:) I'll post when I get back - hope it's not too late for you. I'll prob be getting married in the chapel too as we have about 20 people. I was told no more than 35 including bride and groom to have the chapel.

Ā 

Ā 

I look forward to seeing your pictures!! Please dont forge to come back here and post some!! I cant do the chapen because I know I'll have more than 35 guests :(

Our daughter was just married last Wednesday on the Pride. It was a beautiful wedding in the chapel and reception in the Ivory Piano Bar. It was perfect! Klaudia was our hostess and she did an outstanding job! Everyone was so helpful and kind. I wasn't too impressed with the gals from TWE, but I guess they had to be there. They were pushy and trying to move things along, so I guess they were doing their job! We loved having Roger as our pianist and the Ivory Bar was perfect. I can't say that I would change one thing for this wedding. The people that were there, wanted to be there and it will be a most memorable day.

Here are a few pictures of the wedding ceremony and reception. The most fun was when it was all over and we sat around outside the bar and enjoyed one another's company and more drinks!

IMG_0650.jpg.00523055db0543f104e067b24306b34e.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg.f9e216c3e2fa17c3a708759d37890afb.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg.fb730d412f7d07813869b47715c4e129.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg.74ce9b2976d5cc3f09b71a93f1386db7.jpg

Our daughter was just married last Wednesday on the Pride. It was a beautiful wedding in the chapel and reception in the Ivory Piano Bar. It was perfect! Klaudia was our hostess and she did an outstanding job! Everyone was so helpful and kind. I wasn't too impressed with the gals from TWE, but I guess they had to be there. They were pushy and trying to move things along, so I guess they were doing their job! We loved having Roger as our pianist and the Ivory Bar was perfect. I can't say that I would change one thing for this wedding. The people that were there, wanted to be there and it will be a most memorable day.

Here are a few pictures of the wedding ceremony and reception. The most fun was when it was all over and we sat around outside the bar and enjoyed one another's company and more drinks!

Ā 

Thank you so much for the mini review of your daughters wedding and the pictures!!!

Tiffany, I am getting married on the island in St Thomas and then we are having our reception in Harry's Supper Club on the Liberty.... they allowed us to book the entire steakhouse for the evening and work out seating times so that we have 40 guests sitting at 7pm and 40 at 7:45pm (we will probably just tell our friends to come at 7:15 and have a drink at the bar until their table is ready). They sent me a seating chart so I can do my own, and we can use the steakhouse for the entire evening including speeches and dancing.... so perhaps it is worth looking into getting married at port and then having just your reception in the steakhouse.

Archived