Jan 14 sailing - guarantee cabin - still no room assignment

JBINTOR

We're on the January 14 sailing of Millenium and booked a Guarantee Balcony (have never done this before and likely won't do it again). Our cabin hasn't been assigned yet. I've called Celebrity twice and got two different answers. A while back I was told that their deadline was 7 days prior to sailing. Today I called and they told me that it could be as close as 24 hours prior to boarding. I asked about the descrepany in message, but they had no answer for that. Any past experiences about timing of cabin assignment would be welcomed. There's no need address cabin upgrades, if you get one fine, if not, so be it - at this point I simply want to know what my cabin is and when I can reasonably expect to receive this info.

Technically its possible you wouldn't know till arriving at the port (happened to a good friend of ours last year). If that were to happen, the porters have the ship's manifest and can provide you with your stateroom number and get correct tags on your luggage.

However, I believe in most cases you'll know sooner. There is no guaranteed, always-the-same answer to your question.

Out of genuine curiousity: Why does it matter? You know you will have a balcony cabin or better-- and you were willing to have the company assign the cabin so it would appear that you don't need to have mid ship or some other specific locale-- So, why is it bothering you not to know the room number?

We've done this in the past. We've almost always gotten our cabin assignment when we got to port. This isn't a problem. We've gotten some very nice upgrades by doing this. Hopefully, you will also be upgraded.

It should be a nice surprise. Good luck.

We're on the January 14 sailing of Millenium and booked a Guarantee Balcony (have never done this before and likely won't do it again). Our cabin hasn't been assigned yet. I've called Celebrity twice and got two different answers. A while back I was told that their deadline was 7 days prior to sailing. Today I called and they told me that it could be as close as 24 hours prior to boarding. I asked about the descrepany in message, but they had no answer for that. Any past experiences about timing of cabin assignment would be welcomed. There's no need address cabin upgrades, if you get one fine, if not, so be it - at this point I simply want to know what my cabin is and when I can reasonably expect to receive this info.

I know that other people on this sailing have had their cabins assigned but I think they are Elite members (not sure if this makes a difference?). That being said, I wouldn't worry if they can see your reservation in the system.

Hopefully it will happen soon so that you can have some piece of mind!

If you haven't already, please drop by our very active roll call for this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=285

Cheers,

Archived