Dover Beach - Anyone Ever Been There?

Dr. Jack Daniels

I would be keen to find out about Dover Beach too - we have the day in Barbados at the end of our cruise on Azura and I think there are probably 5 ships in then too.

We are looking to spend the day at the Almond Casuarina getting one of their day passes if they are avialable and it's on Dover beach so i'm keen to know who rough the sea is as we have 3 kids?:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in 2006 and it's in the St. Lawrence Gap area (we stayed in this area for a few days before a cruise that year). Tons of restaurants, so food/drink are easily attained. I'd expect a taxi from the cruise terminal to be in the $25-30 range each way. It's a nice beach, but there are tons of nice beaches on Barbados.

We stayed at a hotel in St. Lawrence Gap and checked out Almond Casuarina one day. The sea was fairly rough that day and we didn't go in but it's a beautiful property. The public access to Dover Beach (near the end of the Gap road that shoots off the main highway) was calmer but still had waves.

I think that the calmest is closer to town, ie Carlisle (or even Accra where I understand you can do a little snorkeling). I read that the beach at Lobster Alive (Carlisle) is not as noisy as the Boatyard (next door) but have not been to either. A friend of our from Barbados said that, in his opinion, you can't do much better than Carlisle if you just want to swim in calmer water, and it's closer to the ship.

Check reviews on TripAdvisor.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived