Explorer cabin 1555 ~ Questions

My husband and I sailed on Explorer last summer in an interior cabin on Deck 10. It was small but fine for us. We enjoyed being a quick walk to the pool and restaurants.

This summer my sister is going to sail with us. We booked 1555 which is an interior room with 2 pullman beds. My sister will be 26 at the time of sailing. She is excited to cruise, but slightly terrified at the possibility of a bunk bed. haha. She's wondering how much head room there is, if there is a weight limit (she is convinced they are only for children or teens), if the room is going to feel overly claustrophobic with the pullmans and no windows, etc. She swears that if worse comes to worse she'll curl up on the loveseat-sized sofa if it means avoiding a tumble from above or a potential concussion from sitting up and hitting the ceiling. She's mostly joking. Mostly. :p

Would anyone happen to have any photos of an interior room with pullman beds? Or, even better, photos of room 1555? Has anyone comfortably and successfully fit 3 adults in such a room and survived the week without a brawl?

They are full-sized twin beds and can easily hold adults. It's not as tight as a tanning bed would be, but she won't be able to jump on the pullman! She will be able to sit!

I think interior rooms are claustrophobic....I HAVE to have natural light, so I can sympathize with her fear on that!

It will be tight, but it can be done.

Archived