Cozumel Carnival 2011

rrt94

I was wondering if ships would stay in port a little longer in the evening to watch the parades for Cozumel Carnival? Ship leaves Cozumel to head back to Tampa at 7 pm on Saturday, March 3. This means we would miss the parades. My understanding is that Saturday is usually the biggest parade of all of them. Anybody ever been there on a ship during Carnival?

rrt4,

Looks like you'll be leaving Cozumel around 6PM Cozumel time (7PM ship time) which is generally when the parades start. The parades are in San Miguel, and the Inspriation usually docks in Puerta Maya, a bit to the south, you'll have to be back on board by 5:30PM Coz time. But you might get lucky and see some of th eparade from the ship if it's passing along the seafront when you sail by. There may be some downtown events on Saturday during the day. You should track your link for updates to see what they are.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be in Cozumel that day also, we are sailing on the Elation. Our boat is supposed to leave at 5pm. They did say that downtown they have a lot of booths and stuff during the day. Now I have to decide is I want to go to the beach or check our the festivities downtown.

We will be in Cozumel that day also, we are sailing on the Elation. Our boat is supposed to leave at 5pm. They did say that downtown they have a lot of booths and stuff during the day. Now I have to decide is I want to go to the beach or check our the festivities downtown.

We decided we can go to the beach anytime. So we will check out the downtown things. In another thread someone posted that they practice and start lining up for the parades in the afternoon. Here is the link to that thread if you are interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1344221&highlight=cozumel+carnival

Archived