Power Outlet help

barrbr

My understanding is that there is only 1 power outlet in the cabin and 1 in the bathroom of the cabin. My question is where is the outlet in relation to the beds? We will be on the Destiny in an inside stateroom. My wife likes to sleep with a small fan on the nightstand. Is the outlet close enough to the bed to not need an extension cord?

I'm one that refuses to bring extension cords, duct tape, bungee cords and other items from my garage. I just make do with what they provide especially now they are clamping down on some of the items.

Some do bring a battery powered fan also.

I'm one that refuses to bring extension cords, duct tape, bungee cords and other items from my garage. I just make do with what they provide especially now they are clamping down on some of the items.

Some do bring a battery powered fan also.

I agree. To read some things on here, you would think the people are going camping at the state park..

The outlet is below the mirror over the desk. You will most likely need an extension cord. That is if they let you one with either of them:).

There is no issue with extension cords, power strips or small fans as long as they are in good condition and don't present a fire hazard.

Pack them in your carry on to prevent a trip to the naughty room later in the day...

:)

2811041530062547426ZKLaOw_th.jpg

i really do not think the light comes of the table. The table next to the bed is very small.

the outlet--there is only one in a cabin and none in the bathroom except for an electric shaver.

the outlet is on one wall- the bed is against the other wall.

you will need a very long extension cord- unless she sleeps at the foot of the bed in the bed closest to the vanity.

We jsut got off the destiny last week. I noticed in our cabin which was one with a window that we ahd two separate outlets on the desk and the ususal one in the bathroom as well. We had no lamps on the bedside tables but lamps mounted on the headboard of the bed.

I have been on seven of the carnival ships and all have had one outlet in the bathroom, one at the desk and one at the bed/lamp area. My husband uses a cpap machine and we have always been able to plug it in by the bed by unplugging the lamp but the lamp is like part of the table so it won't move. The only time we had an issue is when we had the presidential suite, the outlet was not a normal out but a one like in Europe and the room steward found us an extension cord so we could plug it into the one at the vanity area off the bathroom at night. You should be fine with your fan, I have seen many people carrying fans with them will embarking and disembarking.

My understanding is that there is only 1 power outlet in the cabin and 1 in the bathroom of the cabin. My question is where is the outlet in relation to the beds? We will be on the Destiny in an inside stateroom. My wife likes to sleep with a small fan on the nightstand. Is the outlet close enough to the bed to not need an extension cord?

barrbr, if you have something like a hair dryer with a square plastic plug-in, it will not fit into that single outlet in the cabin. It is simply too large to fit into the tiny space around the outlet. A power strip would be required to plug that in at all since the single outlet in the bathroom is only rated for shavers. I'm guessing your wife might also bring her hair dryer. You might want to put the fan on the stool that slides under the desk/mirror in the cabin. It would be easier to place that closer to the bed for her to enjoy the fan while you sleep. I find the fan also serves as white noise to block out the noise in the hallways. Enjoy your cruise. :-)

Archived