Children's menu in the MDR?

Jo and Rob

We enjoy eating as a family so although I understand there is a children's tea available I would like to know if anyone has a copy or can remember what is on the children's menu. They both like to be able to choose from both menus as they love steak and duck from the main menu but are not as adventurous with some dishes.

Hopefully some one will reply with a full menu. I can only tell you from what I have seen .. They serve it in the Self Serve... and we often see the kids in there when we go to get a late cup of tea or coffee. From what I have seen its a typical HIGH TEA type menu.. burgers... chicken nuggets... chips beans... jelly .. cakes... The staff from Youth Crew are often there as well and the area is set aside for the youngsters and it all looks very jolly. Im not sure I have seen main resturnant type meals there as the childrens age can vary. If they are older then they could eat with you in the main dining room if that is what they are used to. HOWEVER I had friends whose went with the whole family and her grandchildren came along.. being used to eating in resturants etc they planned for them to eat with them, they even brought them evening clothes ready to join them.. Guess what the children wanted to eat with their new friends and refused to eat with the rest of the family.

There is no Childrens Menu in the Main Dinning Room.. sorry my reply wasnt very clear was it?

There are always some ' off menu' items available.. Like steak, grilled chicken , salmon..it varys from ship to ship and they appear on the bottom left side of the menu. Salad is always available as a side dish or main. Ceasar salad and melon are available as a starter or main... you really just have to ask. I havnt been on Oceana for a while and there galley is slightly different to the main P&O ships so the choice may be less. Sorry I cant be more help

How ever there is a great web site called crows nest on line ( all one word) dot com.. if you get my drift !! ;);)where most of the posters are P&O fans and I am sure you will get a full reply on there most of us are P&O addicts on there.:D

You shouldn't have a problem in the main dining room with the kids and finding something to eat. There was a children's menu on Ventura/Azura with things like nuggets etc. on it, but to be honest P&O main menus are not that adventurous and are fairly traditional. My son can be fussy but usually goes for steak or chicken breast which is always available. We were offered a children's menu on the first night but declined and weren't offered it again. There is generally something like roast beef, chicken or pork on the menu each night so it isn't hard to find something for fussy eaters. If they want something plain or without sauces they will oblige.

We are going on Azura on 5th Feb and I asked the same question as on RCI there was a kids menu as a fall back if we needed it in the MDR.

This is the link to the ventura menu's for last summer that someone sent me the link to so I was able to see what sort of things might be available for the kids to eat - it might help;

http://picasaweb.google.com/PeterJD01/VenturaMenusJuly2010?feat=directlink#

Archived