Honfleur with P&O

Jo and Rob

Has anyone booked this excursion with P&O from Le Havre? I would love to hear what you thought. I am trying to decide whether to take the ship tour or just grab a taxi and go independently. We are there on a Sunday so the public bus is not an option.

many thanks

We done this trip a few months ago, with Cunard rather than P&O though.

It was one of the most pleasant coach trips I have been on. Went to the Calvados factory for lunch and tour then on to Hornfleur. What a pretty liitle place.

Have a drink by the harbour and watch the world go by, wonderful.

Cheers

Gerry

We done this trip a few months ago, with Cunard rather than P&O though.

It was one of the most pleasant coach trips I have been on. Went to the Calvados factory for lunch and tour then on to Hornfleur. What a pretty liitle place.

Have a drink by the harbour and watch the world go by, wonderful.

Cheers

Gerry

Thanks Gerry. I think the P&O trip takes you straight there and back after some time in the town so no lunch or factory for us (they are half day excursions) I'm pleased you enjoyed Honfleur, a drink by the harbour is exactly what I have in mind.

I'd be tempted to use the taxi. While Honfleur is a pretty harbour with lots of charming (but not very cheap) harbour-side cafes, this is northern France, and not the riviera - it could be cold, wet, windy, etc. Doing it yourself with a taxi would give you the flexibility to change your plans.

We took the tour with Cunard which included a guided walking tour of Honfleur. Many of us on the coach opted out of this and did our own thing. Those who participated in the walking tour had very little free time. We enjoyed all that Honfleur had to offer including yummy French patisserie, all in our own time!!

We took the tour with Cunard which included a guided walking tour of Honfleur. Many of us on the coach opted out of this and did our own thing. Those who participated in the walking tour had very little free time. We enjoyed all that Honfleur had to offer including yummy French patisserie, all in our own time!!

Thanks Merlin for the heads up. In Dubrovnik we saw people following guides in huge groups and wondered why they didn't just explore on their own (for free) instead.

The big question is how to get to Honfleur from Le Havre. There are four of us (2 adults and 2 children) and I am trying to decide between picking up a taxi at the port of using the P&O excursion coach. Which would be cheaper?

Archived