Celebrating DD 6th Bday

BaskGal

Sailing on the Valor in March. DD will be turning 6 on the last day of the cruise. Any ideas on how to celebrate and make it memorable? Can a birthday cake be arranged in the MDR?

I know the cruise in and of itself will be memorable, but I would like to add a little bit of "specialness" to the day.

TIA!

You could bring simple decorations that don't take up much room in the suitcase, and decorate the room or depending on the cruise line you could arrange to have the room decorated, and it will be decorated when you arrive. There are packages you pre-order if you do not do it yourself.

I just had the cabin decorated for my son's 4th birthday on a Carnival cruise. It was very cute. I also ordered him a Funship Freddy doll with a card that said 'Happy Birthday". You can order a cake for the MDR. Most cruise lines won't charge for the cake. Some waiters will get together and sing 'Happy Birthday'. Some lines will also give her a special treat in the kids club.

I brought easy decorations, including balloons.

We set up the decorations and blew up all the balloons while she was sleeping, so she saw them first thing when she woke up.

I also bought a "birthday girl" shirt from cafepress so everyone would know.

We had a cake, cookies, etc. delivered to the room after dinner (she was only 2 so our visits to the MDR had to be short).

Hope she has a great day!

I ordered a birthday cake for my grandson on the Victory and it was served for dessert in the dining room. It was $10 .........it is incorrect to say it is free. We all shared the cake and the waiter packed up the leftovers and we took it back to the cabin.

Archived