Celebrity and kids -- advice

Bakdoc

In all honesty, how could anyone say??? I don't know your boys at all and you gave so little information...

There are no rock walls/ice rinks etc on Celebrity ships. It's a more upscale, sophisticated adult oriented environment than RCCL. My daughter has always enjoyed her cruises on Celebrity very much, but if your kids are conditioned to the RCCL way of doing things it is impossible to say if they will like Celebrity or not. We were on the Eclipse last summer and enjoyed it very much. However, RCCL it is not.

It depends. Celebrity doesn't attract the same numbers of kids that the other lines do, plus things are a bit more subdued on Celebrity. None of the fancy stuff that you find on Royal Caribbean. If you cruise during school holidays, there will be other kids on board but if not, there are very few kids.

We just returned from the Celebrity Mercury with our 7 year old twin girls. Our girls have been in structured day care since 3 and love school and organized activities. They certainly enjoyed the Fun Factory - my greatest concern is that they met some 8 year old friends in the first couple of days (of a 14 day cruise) Their group was to be 6-8 year olds; however many of these 8 year olds moved into the 9-11 group leaving my girls feeling like they were missing something. The 3-5 and 6-8 had the same schedule and activities - organized into two groups but still the same. The 9-11 was much more interesting to my girls (probably because these new friends were participating) Counselors were wonderful and though the activities were predictable - my girls enjoyed it - however never did they beg to stay later or get there sooner. I am anxious to try RCI. I just need to check the age splits in the groups.

I think it depends on your kids. If they are rambunctious, active boys who love skating, rock wall climbing, and the flowrider, then chances are they would enjoy RCI more than Celebrity. If they are more easy going, less active or thrill seeking, perhaps even bookish (although that isn't quite the right word to describe it,) then they will probably enjoy Celebrity too.

Celebrity has a great fun factory for kids. I found the one on Millie was much more interesting and engaging than the AO on Indie which felt more like a blank room.

Hope this helps,

N.

We just returned from a Celebrity cruise on the Constellation with our 9, 7 and 4 year old. The 9 year old attended the "kid camp" daily and really enjoyed the activities--especially the treasure hunts. My seven year old was disappointed that she was not in the same group as her older brother and therefore attended camp only one day. The four year old follows her siblings around and was content regardless. We had no problem with food for the kids and the LOVED the ice cream bar, visiting daily. S.

Archived