Nassau --Atlantis aquarium info needed, please

sueswny

I need some help figuring out how to visit the aquarium at Atlantis. I've never been there, and so I don't know the logistics. How is the easiest/cheapest way to get there? Can you see anything in the aquarium without paying a fee? If I choose to buy a pass to the aquarium, what is the cost and what does it incude? And finally--is it worth the trip?? thankx

You can take a taxi from where the ship docks. It is easy to find a taxi near the boat and just outside Atlantis. The taxi is a van that hold multiple groups of people. You pay per person. When we visited this past August we took a taxi that was $5 per person each way. You can also take a ferry from where the ship docks to Atlantis. I am not positive how much or where you need to go for that.

If you visit the aquarium after 6pm the guard will be off duty and you can walk right into the aquarium without paying anything. Prior to 6pm I believe you would have to pay the fee per person. You could find the fee on the Atlantis website or by searching aound here. I am not positive of the fee. We went after 6 and paid nothing.

If you are only going to Atlantis to see the aquarium, in my opinion, don't bother. If you are going to see the whole area then, sure visit the aquarium. Personally I would not pay to walk through the aquarium, but I would visit it again if it was free.

You can also take a water taxi over $3/ person each way. Takes a little longer but they give a talk on the Island on the ride over and can be a fun way to get there. you can catch this taxi in front of the straw market area......I think the last water taxi back to the pier leaves Atlantis around 5 or 6 but if you want to stay later you can take a regular taxi back just be sure you don't miss the boat:eek:

Our stop at Coco Cay got canceled so we docked in Nassau around 7 pm the night prior to us suppose to being there. My daughter and I took a cab to Atlantis ($4 each way). I was happy to find that because of the hour touring the aquarium was free. I was a very nice setup, but nothing I would pay $30 or whatever they charge to see, We pretty much had free range of the property at that hour and we got to walk up to the water slides and take pictures of them, etc...

Archived